Thread: Jem!

Hi Jem and others!

I just got my new Naish Playmate 100. I guess you tried the board in the test sessions.

Last season I learned the vulcan. Now Im learning to spock. I want to set the board up for best pop and spock performance on flatish water with Boxer 6.2 and 5.4. Where do you recomend me to put the footstaps/mastfoot/boom and why?

Can you also give some techniquel advice to improve my basic poping ability. I have no problem doing it, but I know I can be better on every basic aspect of the sport.

By the way, Im 68kilos and 172cm.

Have you seen my post Jem?

Hey asle,

just seen your post and i will get back to you on it very soon, sorry for the lateness but been busy coaching.

Keep chargin

jemhall.com
    RRD / EZZY SAILS / FLYING OBJECTS / Big Salty Weather / Pro Sport Sunblock / Grasshopper porridge

2010 Clinics are selling fast:
    Moulay - April - FULL
    Rhodes - June 9 Ints & 30 Loop LAST PLACES, June 16 & 23 FULL
    PSC, Baja - Aug - Waves - FULL
    Rhodes - Sept 8 - 15 - FULL
    Mauritius - Sept 22 - Oct 2 - book now
    Ireland - Oct 9 - 16 - WAVES - LIMITED
    Jeri, Brazil - Dec. 3 - 12 - advanced / waves - FULL

Focus, believe and Enjoy!

ok mate

board set up - i suggest marking the 135cm point on the mast track (from the tail) which will give you a reference point. Basically bringing the mast foot back gives you more pop, forward gives more control and helps you slide backwards. This being due to keeping the nose down and therefore more planing area in the nose

straps - probably 2nd hole back from the front in the front straps and about 55cm s apart , mid strap to mid strap along the centreline. This should give you a nice wide spread which helps popping and rotating the board as you have more leverage.

boom - lying next to tail of board whilst attached to board the boom should be 1 - 2 fingers off the tail ( mast foot at 135 0r 132.5) , higher gives you more pop due to easier leverage.

Find out what works for you, note how it feels then change ONE part of the tuning , eg mast foot and see how it changes performance .

popping - stay over the board and really sink down .. then push through the back foot which lifts the nose and follow through really pulling up on front arm and front leg .. it is the sinking down which de weight s board and gives you the explosive ness.

good luck

enjoy

jemhall.com
    RRD / EZZY SAILS / FLYING OBJECTS / Big Salty Weather / Pro Sport Sunblock / Grasshopper porridge

2010 Clinics are selling fast:
    Moulay - April - FULL
    Rhodes - June 9 Ints & 30 Loop LAST PLACES, June 16 & 23 FULL
    PSC, Baja - Aug - Waves - FULL
    Rhodes - Sept 8 - 15 - FULL
    Mauritius - Sept 22 - Oct 2 - book now
    Ireland - Oct 9 - 16 - WAVES - LIMITED
    Jeri, Brazil - Dec. 3 - 12 - advanced / waves - FULL

Focus, believe and Enjoy!

Thanks a lot Jem, Ill go out tomorrow and start experimenting!
    Also want to praise your input to the magazin. Having you as one of the main testers really makes the tests in Boards stand out from any other magazin in the world. Boards is the number one magazin in Bergen, Norway where I live.

Joining one of your clinics is an ambition of mine.

Blimey!