Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

great job, i've seen people who've windsurferd 10 years who can't gybe that well.

As for tips, what they said plus, just before you flip the rig move your front hand right next to the mast to make the flip easier.

For your second effort it is very good you are not that far. Kind of difficult to say what you are doing by looking at the video because it is hard to say where the wind is coming from.

Get up to speed so only the hull behind the front footstraps are in contact with the water. On a beamreach move the back hand about 18'' down the boom unhook,extend both arm and get the weight unto the frontfoot and off the back of the board, bear off on a broadreach to increase speed and give you less of an act to travel.

Then you sheet-in and let the rig pull forward on an extended front arm while at the same time putting pressure onto the boom and into the mast to keep the nose down and the rail ingauge. Bend at your ankles and knees to get your hips over the inside rail and keep turning.

The board should be carve at it steepest dead downwind while at the same time you open up the rig clew first to keep the power on. On the new broadreach you switch your feet placing it on the inside rail and keep carving with hill preassure, slide the front hand up the mast release the back hand flip the rig with the mast upright. Hole the front of the new side of the boom with your old back hand and put the other hand original position through the rig forward stay low and let it pull on the plain and sail away

Alright, thank you all for inspiring compliments. I will take your advices into use next session, hopefully wind comes soon.

For those who find this topic through search and need jibing advice: here is quite good explanation I have just found, it has almost all above mentioned tips: http://www.that online magmag.com/technique/intermediate/carve_g ybe/technique_carve_gybe_part_3.htm

PS I have found myself that the primary key is to look where your are going...

Anybody trying the above link will find it doesn't work. Change "thatonlinemag" to "b oardseeker" and you should be o.k.

Ouch, right, haven't noticed this. BOARDS naturally doesn't like competitors.

i hope your all joking

that is a dreadful gybe

no speed

no commitment

lame lame lame

and then you fall off

my advice is roar as loud as you can on entry - the rest is detail

2therhino: remember, this is not a jibe, this is only learning... Constructive tips on my mistakes are very welcome.