Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boardsilly
    I've been thinking about getting one of those BMW scooters - the one with the roof.

Does that count?
    I know the one you mean. Now there's athought, it's got a roof... I wonder if you could get a roof rack and put some kit on it?

There is no way in hell i'll let myself have a bike...i manage to hurt myself seriously and regularly enough without a bloody big engine strapped between my legs!!

Thats not to say i wouldn't LOVE to have one!!

Grafix, don't think there's much chance of me getting a knee down on the GS as like JohnnyG my feet just touch down..(with the seat hight set to low)

And as for you Mr Richards- have a word with yourself. " Big engine strapped between your legs"?

Blimey.

Wully - fair comment! I've ridden an 1150GS a fair bit (my mate's bike) and I like 'em a lot - suprising agile and quick down the type of road that would make me back off on my bike. I tried to get his engine casings down but chickened out! I like the mad look and good pillion seat too. However I hate those indicators - BMW persevere with 'em but I will never get on with them.

Honda CRF450X...not street legal, unfortunately...it sure is a blast...it probably wouldnt last long on-highway...12000 rpm single and all....

No surprises here, had a ZZR1100 for seven years then the 1200 came out, so I got one. Now there`s a 1400. Will I get one ? Mebbe, but I find myself windsurfing more and more these days, and only go out terrorising the A roads when there is no possibility of wind. And I also quite like driving my T5 and would enjoy it even more if I could stop all the bloody rattles.
    Whatever the tide, whatever the ride.

Honda Transalp 650 used for London commuting. Very smoooth, safe (is that an oxymoron) commuter bike. Had a BMW 650 GS before that but single cylinder made it very lumpy.

Would love a 1200GS but can't justify the expense and lack of opportunity in London traffic.