Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: LOOP CLUB

So then autumn is upon is and some very fine readers of this forum have their deadlines set like loop properly by Oct 31st or totally sorted by November 20 th, so lets see some action please.

Sail like every hour is your last, warm up and do 4 runs and then get trigger pulling off the first wave or chop you see, stop thinking and start doing. I am sooo inspired by the amount of people I have seen loop this year whilst on my coaching clinics so a big well done to them and to all have chosen their targets and moved closer to achieving them.

The hardest work we do is on ourselves ....

or 'Their is do or do not .... their is no try' - Yoda
    www.jemhall.com

2017 Coaching Holidays - Selling Out Fast:
    Tobago / Flat water warmth & Fundamentals: February 7 Full & Feb 14 Last Spaces!
    Psc, Baja / Wave Heaven:
    July 22; Warm up One, July 29; Clinic One, August 5; Clinic Two: Last Spaces!
    Jeri, Brazil / Easy Waves
    with warmth and wind: November 23 - December 3, December 3 -13; PreBooking Fast Now
    Moulay, Waves: May; Rhodes, June; Mauritius, September; Ireland, Waves: October; All Currently FULL

Mark H i found your post quite inspirational and was thinking of all the things you said, but particularly the punching the rig to windward bit, when I was on the way to the beach today, then rod demonstrated very obviously and patiently, how to do it, but once I was on the water, I dont think I really did it once, out of quite a lot of attempts. Any advice on that?

Interesting that you nailed it, after 6 months way from it (I know I still need loads more practice rather than a holiday before anyone chips in) - amazing how the body and conscious mind and subconscious are clearly at work on something as bizarre and decadent as forward looping a windsurfer even when we are not doing any windsurfing at all. (or at least your was ).
    tache state: itchy

Mark H

Congrats - I remember how good it felt to have landed one clean - I remember my first one as if it were yesterday.
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Hey Happy New year to you all and for those of you who have set yourself the resolution of looping this year then get involved and take action by booking on my loop clinic. I will cover popping, wymaroos, tail grab jumps and get you going downwind and pulling that damn trigger.

The positive and supportive environment of a loop clinic ensures you will step up and have all the skills at your fingertips and be enthused to forward by my big bald yoda self and of course your fine peers on the clinic.

Isn't it time you stopped talking and thinking and started doing?

http://www.jemhall.com/windsurfing_in_greece.asp

I look forward to seeing you there as you join the club : )

Check out Wannabe a wavesailor Feb article in BOARDS mag for a learning to forward feature.
    www.jemhall.com

Tobago / Flat water warmth & Fundamentals: February 7 Full & Feb 14 Last Spaces!
    Psc, Baja / Wave Heaven:
    with warmth and wind: November 23 - December 3, December 3 -13; PreBooking Fast Now
    Moulay, Waves: May; Rhodes, June; Mauritius, September; Ireland, Waves: October; All Currently FULL

Jem - we had a bit of a discussion about this a week ago - if someone turns up at your clinic having been trying them on their tod, having got over the fear but not having had much in the way of intelligent observartion or video feedback do they stand a better chance than someone who turns up never having tried one, but thinking a week clinic will get them there?

I expect there is an element of bad habits that might need unlearning in the first instance but I reckon they have confronted the move and then confronted their need for coaching and are in better shape than someone who turns up 'blind'.

particularly if the blind man is your typical 30-40 something midlife crisis looper who has spent 20 years learning not to catapult then has to unlearn that subconscious skill first.

There, i think Ive loaded that question enough
    tache state: itchy

Remkos laid back approach,

(probably posted before but...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsTAvRMmTkc

WARNING BLATANT PIMP:
    When you actually want to take action to finally get looping please consider booking my loop clinic in Rhodes at the end of June. I will give you all the tools required to learn the loop and continue progressing at home and the supportive positive environment of the clinic will do wonders for your commitment to the cause - JOIN THE CLUB and Release that handbrake ...

http://www.jemhall.com/windsurfing_in_greece.asp

Pimp Ends : )
    www.jemhall.com

Psc, Baja / Wave Heaven: