Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: LOOP CLUB

My 2010 loop count = 0
    I am getting big withdrawl symptoms.

Expect the tally to increase significantly at Moulay in a couple of weeks. I am considering setting myself a target of 100 rotations in 10 days (assuming decent wind). With your help please Jem that should result in at least one being a dry sail-away - my primary goal of the trip.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

harry
    front hand back (by harness line) helped my dry landings no end.

still only manage about 25% though, and rarely really dry (i am going to be moulay clinic-ed too, after you with skye-alonso).
    http://forwards4cowards.blogspot.com/ a blog about looping

UPDATED Feb 2016

Well then Northy how much do you want them? Are your jumps tail up and have the Winner to Wavesailor forward loop chapters been watched alot?

There certainly will be plenty of Trigger Pulling encouragement going on during my upcoming Moulay clinic.
    http://www.oceansource.net/moulay/clinics_jem_hall.asp
    www.jemhall.com

2017 Coaching Holidays - Selling Out Fast:
    Tobago / Flat water warmth & Fundamentals: February 7 Full & Feb 14 Last Spaces!
    Psc, Baja / Wave Heaven:
    July 22; Warm up One, July 29; Clinic One, August 5; Clinic Two: Last Spaces!
    Jeri, Brazil / Easy Waves
    with warmth and wind: November 23 - December 3, December 3 -13; PreBooking Fast Now
    Moulay, Waves: May; Rhodes, June; Mauritius, September; Ireland, Waves: October; All Currently FULL

jem

the fact that none of them really want it that bad is what keeps you in business!

if they did they would have learnt them by now. (given that the technical instruction is now well known, in a way that it wasn't only 5 years or so ago).

the main obstacle to learning to loop is trying them: practice = success - and practice over a loooong period of time.

going away somewhere for a 'special' week to try to learn forwards is - in my opinion - a continuation of the denial that you actually don't want to learn them that badly... !

i remember when we were in el tur, and something emile said really stuck in my mind. he said that even when he first went onto the water there was always a little bit of a psychological barrier to the first forward of the day (i've heard others who can do them say the same) - and that he made sure he always went for a few pretty much straight away... every session...

UPDATED Feb 2016

You have to want to learn but you also need to be shown how. Although I had the desire I found it very demoralising continually practising the wrong technique, hence I didn't try all that much. Once I was shown "the method" (thank you rod) and actually started rotating I went totally loopy...did sh*t loads of attempts in the next few sessions.

I'm hoping that the combination of Jem's instruction + video analysis and (crossed fingers) Moulay's excellent jumping conditions should result in a significant improvement in all our rotations by the end of the week.
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

lets hope we all get some wind in moulay - the wind/weather there at the moment is totally wrong...

UPDATED Feb 2016

Rod - i take your point about people keeping at it and then they will get the breakthrough and i ensure that on looping clinics they really want it so we are all up for it and their is a collective will and commitment to get people looping.

Often the loop weeks and clinic in general help people with the necessary basic skills that help people loop, planing early, sailing fast and getting upwind (in all winds), easy popping.

I then help them with the wymaroos, which are not intuitive, and cajole them in to pulling the trigger. The coaching is the start of the journey or for some starting the journey over again and in a more efficient way and more painless way. It is then that the practice makes perfect starts and continues and from there they can then move forward.

I have helped many people learn to forward and have also proceeded with getting these people and others to loop higher, faster and cleaner. I work hard on my forwards and get coaching (abuse) from mates and pros and it seems we all need a little help.

I m looking forward to the trigger pulling in Moulay and the riding and the goats : )
    www.jemhall.com

2017 Coaching Holidays - Selling Out Fast:
    Tobago / Flat water warmth & Fundamentals: February 7 Full & Feb 14 Last Spaces!
    Psc, Baja / Wave Heaven:
    July 22; Warm up One, July 29; Clinic One, August 5; Clinic Two: Last Spaces!
    Jeri, Brazil / Easy Waves
    with warmth and wind: November 23 - December 3, December 3 -13; PreBooking Fast Now
    Moulay, Waves: May; Rhodes, June; Mauritius, September; Ireland, Waves: October; All Currently FULL