Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Back loop club!

is it obvious although by that logic I could be related to you
    tache state: itchy

Quote Originally Posted by BakerAcademy
    1, The Path
    direction is the #1 issue of part time sailors as everyone sails with their board going slightly sideways, so to start with you need to find a nice steep wave, doesnt have to be big and the take off going slightly off the wind, (99% of people doing back loops take off upwind which increases the wind over the sail which is bad for the landing.)
    so now as you have taken off going high of the steep wave and slightly off wind you will now be able to start to rotate.
    OK, I have a question - how on earth do you take off going slightly off the wind when the ramp is upwind of you? I have this problem for forwards too. When you are learning in onshore conditions surely you have to head upwind a bit just to go up the ramp? I would love to learn in sideshore conditions but they are so rare for me (3-4 times a year maybe??) onshore will have to do....

B

edit: I've tried quite a few back loops recently, I seem to have successfully got to the point where I get a nice hard backslap in exactly the same place I get a nice hard backslap doing a forward - nice, Although my forward slaps/bruising are gradually moving down the body - arse and calf at the moment. Doing several of both in a session I think a full body bruise is acheivable

Could be keen for some tips Ant.. If it strong on the weekend your in Wales i might have a drive up....

BB - for back loops it is difficult to understand but it makes sense when you watch him, for forwards you have to not worry about hitting the ramp square, which takes some getting your head round and I cant say I am really anywhere near there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy
    OK, I have a question - how on earth do you take off going slightly off the wind when the ramp is upwind of you? I have this problem for forwards too. When you are learning in onshore conditions surely you have to head upwind a bit just to go up the ramp? I would love to learn in sideshore conditions but they are so rare for me (3-4 times a year maybe??) onshore will have to do....
    This is where KS gets his impression of my attempts from: crap onshore conditions where you can't get enough height to get round. On sideshore days it's so much easier.

yeah yeah - the offer is on the table

Yet another question. I have been trying them for about 3 years and have not landed any. I am now starting to go more verticle wait till the apex of the jump then land down wind nose first but the sail always get violently ripped out of my hands. Any tips?