Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

JK's massive van

Like the post.

Heres some photos of my LWB Hi Top Sprinter, it's got a dry garage in the back with a bed above that currently holds an excessive amount of kit, 7 boards inc a Formula 158 down to 90L wave board, 12 sails from 11.9 to 4.4, 6 masts 550 to 370, 5 booms, 2 mountain bikes, and lots of other stuff.

5 foot wide by 6 foot 6" bed above the garage (stuffed with spares and crap photo), 2 captains seats, 6 feet long bench seat with storage, small kitchen unit by door, with water and leisure batteries within and a 4.5m Fiamma awning outside.

Definitely a work in progress, that I continue to add to and refine. the next job is going to be installing a skylight.
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

http://kelvinscottperry.blogspot.com...onversion.html

Its a work in progress still got bits to do tarting it up for my summer road trip!!

TwoFish, well done mate, good work, a long overdue sticky thread.

I must update a link to my conversion gallery sometime soon but thanks for the link to that old thread.

I have to say since getting the Reimo roof the sleeping platform is usually in rear-half-only mode as we sleep upstairs now!

My LWB T4 which is now my dads. This is my third interior which is probably my most flexible yet. Its the usual treated metal ply lined and insulated. with a carpet/fur lining (Jamie hancocks old van...). I went with a raised floor which extends to just about at the sliding door (perfect for the double mattress) with a support frame on the passenger side and a few support struts on the right by the wheel arch. If im using the van I can get the masts in far right, two boards (deck to deck, nose to tail) and then sails, boom and surfboard on the left with hrness and fin bag slotting in the gaps. This leaves loads of space at the front for bikes, kite kit, and weekend bags. If my dads using it he gets his fat JP New skool 205 in with the sails,masts,booms sat on top and he puts like a box in the front over the nose to extend the double floor to the half bulkhead.

The best bit about this set up is its simplicity. In Ten minutes I can strip out the back into 2 bits of marine ply, a frame and a few bits of wood. I think its about 10 screws or so.

Inside theres loads of usable space for bikes, cooker, kite stuff on a weekend trip, and with a decent mattress its super comfy at night too. For a day trip any extra gear goes on the bed (hence the blue taup) and its really easy to change inside as you can sit on the bed without getting a crook neck (requirement for the missus).

Previously I had it about 6 inches higher with racking for the boards but I found it wasnt as usefull as the current setup and there was lots of wasted space.

best investment for a surf bus t4 was cab carpets from ebay. them combined with a bit of underlay made the cab soo much quieter. The other thing as a gear lever extension which means you can change gear without leaning forward which is so much more comfy on the back.

My Vito Dualiner Long. I opted for the VRS racking no fuss option, though I had to get the brackets to fit where the grab handles go so as not to ruin the lining (Geko sorted this out). I realise that this does not offer the sleepover option but I never found this a problem as we take a tent or get a B&B. This makes it so much easier to get kit in and out without losing stuff as happens with the more crammed in van refurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ben c View Post
    The other thing as a gear lever extension which means you can change gear without leaning forward which is so much more comfy on the back.
    Seconded!

Plus upgrade your dashboard speakers - cheap and makes a BIG difference!