Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    A vid from one of our local sailors on his van conversion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhcQL7-UGeE

hey,
    I remembered I filmed the installation of one of my kits in the summer and have put it together to make a little movie of the fit out in super speed! It took half a day or so to put everything in from bare van, then a few hours the next day to wire in the leisure battery.

http://www.vimeo.com/10505120
    NEW! XPRESSION COLLECTION 2009 DVD - NOW OUT
    15 riders, 20 films.....freestyle frenzy!Its epic!
    ALL UK SAILORS!
    Trailer: HERE
    GET IT NOOOOOOWWWW!

http://mpora.com/groups/f2AO0Ec56/xpression/

Thought I'd better ad my van, I did it 3 years ago and. It holds two boards and 5 or 6 sails (up to 155cm boom length) in the sail box which is empty in the photo and two bigger sails go in with the boards. Masts are stored in the board box in drain pipes.

QUOTE:
    Originally Posted by ben c View Post
    The other thing as a gear lever extension which means you can change gear without leaning forward which is so much more comfy on the back.
    Seconded!

Plus upgrade your dashboard speakers - cheap and makes a BIG difference! END QUOTE

absolutely! Also if you have an older stereo (without Auxiliary input) see if it has a CD player input option. This is a great way to hardwire an iPod to your system.

Quote Originally Posted by puffin View Post
    QUOTE:
    Also if you have an older stereo (without Auxiliary input) see if it has a CD player input option. This is a great way to hardwire an iPod to your system.
    There is no need to hardwire a I Pod. I use a I Pod in my car and got a I Trip (available at any store that sells I Pods) and it works by sending out a signal that is picked up on your radio on the car stereo. Just pick the frequency on the I Trip and tune the radio to the same frequency. Works perfectly well for me and having no cables to mess with is a bonus
    Alastair
    IRL-250

www.irl-250.blogspot.com

KA Sails (www.kasails.com)
    Mistral (www.mistral-boards.com)
    Chinook (www.chinooksailing.com)
    Spartan Wetsuits (www.spartanwetsuits.com)
    Vector Maui Fins (www.vectorfins.com)
    Wind and Wave (www.windandwave.ie)

Windsurfingfins (www.windsurfingfins.co.uk)
    Rockerline Surfware (www.rockerline.com)

Quote Originally Posted by IRL-250 View Post
    There is no need to hardwire a I Pod. I use a I Pod in my car and got a I Trip (available at any store that sells I Pods) and it works by sending out a signal that is picked up on your radio on the car stereo. Just pick the frequency on the I Trip and tune the radio to the same frequency. Works perfectly well for me and having no cables to mess with is a bonus
    That may work OK in Co. Kerry. However in areas with a more crowded radio spectrum, or if you're travelling across such areas, your chosen frequency will soon be swamped and you'll need to re-tune both iTrip and radio. After catching myself retuning the ITrip on the motorway, I have removed it from the van away from temptation, and got a proper wired interface.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    That may work OK in Co. Kerry. However in areas with a more crowded radio spectrum, or if you're travelling across such areas, your chosen frequency will soon be swamped and you'll need to re-tune both iTrip and radio. After catching myself retuning the ITrip on the motorway, I have removed it from the van away from temptation, and got a proper wired interface.
    I use the I Trip all over Ireland and have it set to FM 88.0 and rarely have to retune it. When i came over for speed week in 08 i think i retuned it once or twice which isn't that much of a hassle.

The test though will be this weekend when i come over for the UKWA event in Pitsford. Starting in Kerry and heading to Dublin to get the ferry. Then Hollyhead to Pitsford for the weekend. Heading to Southampton on Sunday evening to collect a new mountain bike . Monday morning i'm heading up to Newcastle to collect some stuff for my father and then back to hollyhead on Tuesday. I will keep it on FM 88.0 and see how often i have to change it
    Alastair
    IRL-250

www.irl-250.blogspot.com

KA Sails (www.kasails.com)
    Mistral (www.mistral-boards.com)
    Chinook (www.chinooksailing.com)
    Spartan Wetsuits (www.spartanwetsuits.com)
    Vector Maui Fins (www.vectorfins.com)
    Wind and Wave (www.windandwave.ie)

Windsurfingfins (www.windsurfingfins.co.uk)
    Rockerline Surfware (www.rockerline.com)