Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'v been trying some vulcans and after my 10th attempt I can rotate 180 degrees and slide abit before crashing. I do my vulcans off chop but iv noticed that alot of people prefer flat water to vulcan but i find it a lot harder because i cant get enough pop to rotate around. is it better to learn in chop or flat water?

and should i learn to flat water pop first?

Quote Originally Posted by joe4084 View Post
    I'v been trying some vulcans and after my 10th attempt I can rotate 180 degrees and slide abit before crashing. I do my vulcans off chop but iv noticed that alot of people prefer flat water to vulcan but i find it a lot harder because i cant get enough pop to rotate around. is it better to learn in chop or flat water?
    Joe, you will have to learn them on both flat and chop. Chop is initially easier, as there's less to do, but once you have the action, flat water is nicer.

i am trying to learn to vulcan, but not sure what tack to do it on, also what sort of things can i do to make myself more cunfortable on starboard tack ? thanks guys !

sometimes it will depend on where you sail. Search out a place with the flattest water you can as it makes freestyle so much easier once you master popping the board. i'm very one sided with vulcans myself, for me starboard is the natural tack. think about someone walking up behind you and you want to jump in the air, spin 180 and land facing them. Which way do you think you'll rotate? i think theres a preference to spinning one way or the other like being left footed or right footed and you'll find vulcans easier one way versus the other.

Thanks alot, im much more confortable on port, so will try to learn them on this tack, but i would like to be able to do some stuffon starboard too! i think its just a matter of practicing and trial and error, we'll see how it goes.

Talking

After about 50 attempts overall i did a vulcan!!!! thanks for the advice