Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Aah, apologies lostboy, just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by tim319 View Post
    Thanks guys.

I was trying to do it a bit like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l04tzKn7o3o

I think in that video he does the duck before going through the wind, however the wind is lighter than when I've tried it so maybe that's the reason it works.
    the first thing he does is to sail switch stance for awhile, then duck the sail and sail back winded and as he rakes the sail back the wind turns the board upwind which makes the nose pass through the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by tim319 View Post
    I'm trying to learn the duck tack. So far I've tried it when sub planing in about 10-15 kts of wind on my freestyle board, and want to be able to do it non-planing first

I find everytime i duck the sail and get to the other side the nose of the board has been pushed almost dead downwind as soon as I cross the hands and push down on the clew. I realise this is due to sail being forward and therefore pushing the nose away, but surely you have to throw it into the apparent wind which means it must go forward. I guess when you're planing you can keep carving the board so it doesn't do this?

I'm thinking maybe as soon as I duck it i need to pull the clew violently back towads the tail of the board, however so far I've found that there is enough time for the sail to power up a bit, pushing the board off the wind.

Any suggestions?
    Dont just throw it hard toward the tail, but also hard down toward the water. That brings the front of the boom up to you in the right position.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tim319 View Post
    Thanks guys.

I was trying to do it a bit like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l04tzKn7o3o

I think in that video he does the duck before going through the wind, however the wind is lighter than when I've tried it so maybe that's the reason it works.
    the first thing he does is to sail switch stance for awhile, then duck the sail and sail back winded and as he rakes the sail back the wind turns the board upwind which makes the nose pass through the wind.

Interesting looking at some of the variations on Youtube I guess its like gybing any dry ones a good one?
    some almost dump it in the water and recover it
    Some say when you get to Fifty you dont have to grow up or punctuate ?

Hi, just saw this thread and so this is a bit of a late reply but I found this on C7 and it looks pretty good, even if it is planing;

http://www.continentseven.de/windsurfmove1293.html

Probably already seen it but...