Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Ebay vs. Dump: Campaign

I never cease to be amazed by folks who can't be bothered to clear there own rubbish from the yard/garden and take it to the dump... but somehow think they'll sell it (and sometimes pretend they've used this shite) to "Boardsailors" etc. Check this deal... including "rudders ect"! A snip at 200

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Wind-Sur...item4cfff1ff7d

and you have to love this "mumsie-joans" "charity" donations for 295!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...01#description

and in this one lies the inspiration: check out the spendid "question" at the bottom of the page from one of us, basically saying: it's garbage. bomb it. Why don't we either: tell the sellers it's crap... or if it's one of these "ideal for beginners" boards with no reserve, make sure it gets bought for 99p and taken straight to the dump, to prevent harming any would be learners?

Anyone near Guiseley, W Yorks want to snap this up and do the decent thing? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windsurfin...item20c466a265
    Last edited by MingAwayMan; 2nd April 2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Guiseley... go on!

My boards have no rudders. Prabably where I've been going wrong all these years.

Seriously: lazy gits can't even be bothered to make an attempt at presentation.
    Here to share the love.

The sad thing is, it'll probably sell...

You are right, sad thing is it probably will! And I will be left with my slalom board that I have up on Ebay for the second time because I have been honest and said its not of beginners, and you need some skill to get the most of it! :-(
    I was even good enough to delete someones bid as they emailed me to say they had bought elsewhere......

What makes me sad is that at some point this "crapola" was probably someones pride and joy, that stuff probably gave many hours of fun and this is where it ends up - I better be careful or I'll have the worst and longest Maui fence in history!
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Quote Originally Posted by jknhismassivevan View Post
    What makes me sad is that at some point this "crapola" was probably someones pride and joy, that stuff probably gave many hours of fun and this is where it ends up - I better be careful or I'll have the worst and longest Maui fence in history!
    Such is life... I'm sure, if my ex could ebay me, she would.. with a similar explanation (and no reserve!).

If only this stuff wasn't spread so far & wide (there are current examples in Newcastle and Poole) I'd set up a new ebay identity ("Windsurf Euthanasiast".. read carefully) buy it up and "recycle". ie offer any spare parts (fin boxes or whatever) at cost and make the foam into bean bags!

Ooooh, me, I'm near Guiseley! That kit looks interesting, although I'm a bit put off by the missing 'mant'.

Seriously though, some people can't be bothered to look after kit they've acquired, then they can be bothered to dislodge it from the other rubbish 'by the side of the garage' to check it's condition or to photograph it for ebay, and they can't be bothered to proof read the ebay listing before they submit it.

When no-one buys it, it will stay there until he moves house or dies. But that's okay, because it will keep the mattress with sticky-out springs, the old sofa, and the ever-accumulating heap of cheap garden chairs with broken legs (in the 'garden', just out of shot) company*.

*I made that bit up, but judging by the photo it's probably true.