Pimp my ride with Gollito.

Nice video, filmed by Andre Paskowski.

Gollito talks about his new sail and board set-up.

http://vimeo.com/41695658
    Now back in the UK.

Thanks for posting!

Anybody knows why he uses, as he says, a lot of downhaul and a loose leech? Lots of freestylers seem to go with a tighter leech, they even put harder top masts in their sail to achieve this.

I'm always surprised when Gollito explains anything at all.
    No disrespect meant, it's just he seems such a 'seat of the pants' or intuitive sailor.

The bit where he says he likes his mast foot set back a bit will be read differently by different people – he says here it's faster and better for jumping.

But if you watch the vid there are several points in his moves where the rig goes over the nose with him leaning over the rig. And to me it's having the mast foot set back that allows him to do that, because his strap position puts him well close to the fulcrum of the mast foot.
    With the mastfoot back, the rig hinges forwards more easily.
    His weight and the rig weight become one, with the board and sailor then readily pivoting about an imaginary point between his feet and the mast foot.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    No disrespect meant, it's just he seems such a 'seat of the pants' or intuitive sailor.
    He says his footstraps are set small, yet they look to be set to a pretty typical "modern" setting.

Lots of down and out-haul for "power". I'd say, for speed.

And mast track position is meaningless unless you know where the mast track beginning and end is placed.

Great sailor though, and bloody fast too.
    It is what it is.

It's all relative.
    His footstraps are set snugger than mine are. (Maybe that's where I've ben going wrong. ...Ahem.)

The advice about the mastbase is very useful if you have the same board – which is surely the point of the video, offering tuning tips for those with similar gear.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    I totally agree. A good athlete is not necessary a good communicator. It is also possible that he would be more interesting to listen to if he was interviewed in his native language, his english is not very advance.

Anyway, he is a fantastic sailor.