Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thumbs up SOLVED - IE8 & IE9 Crashing

Users reporting issues with Internet Explorer 8 & 9 slowing down / crashing.

Please post any additional info you can:

• Operating System
    • Browser
    • Flash Version (if possible)

Is this on the Forum pages only? Or across the Boards site?

I'm running IE 9 and Windows 7 on a work machine, no idea what flash version i've got. Happens predominantly going from 1 page on the forum or to another. Haven't noticed it when navigating between various news items on the main site.

Typicaly i'll click on a page then the new page starts to appear and the loading symbol just keeps on spining until i refresh or go back. Sometimes several times. I also get fairly frequent boards.mpora server is not responding messages flash up at the bottom of IE9 when I go to the site via boards.co.uk, refreshing seems to get over the problem but it's irritating.

It happens on the homepage and on the forum in IE8/9 for me so I am quite sure it is avert related. Probably one in 9 visits results in a crash. The flash version was updated this morning on this machine just to be sure and it is still going on. I am currently on a Win7 Box and see the same on XP.

Thanks for all the info so far guys. I've just enabled the option in the admin to force render without compatibillity view for IE.

I don't think this will fix this particular error as it's happening across the site (according to phill104), but should those experiencing problems with the display of threads.

Will keep investigating possible causes for this, currently unable to reproduce my end but I'm using a Virtual Machine. Hunting down a laptop running XP / 7 as we speak.

IE9/Win7/Flash 11 (11.3.300.257 to be precise)

Mainly experience navigating between forum pages, but then that's what I do 90% of the time. Even when it doesn't hang there is often a pause loading a new forum page, after the header region background is rendered (this is where it hangs most often).

Interestingly it doesn't hang on my windows phone (which is also basically IE9) but the render does pause. Could it be a threading issue that only manifests itself when the client has a multi-core processor? Does your image have multi-core? I have just fixed a bug like this in our product - f-me it took a long time to work it out!!

IE9/Win7 and latest version of flash 11.3.300.257 (just so happened to update yesterday)

Mostly on the forum, but I've encountered this before on the main Boards site (not recently that I can remember though). Same behaviour as everybody else is reporting. IMO almost certainly a Flash issue, I imagine you create all the Flash ads yourself, not coming from an ad network as they are so specific? You just need a better QA process before uploading the ads, I'm sure tools exist for checking for issues with Flash. You do ensure they're virus free don't you. How many times have viruses infiltrated ad networks?

W7
    IE8
    Name: Shockwave Flash Object
    Version: 11.1.102.55
    BWA Tour Director