Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
    Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    If you like adding up scores on these tests then these are now up on Boardseeker.

I think it reads well though, as a test, revealing what aspect of windyweather windsurfing they think each board is best at.

There's possibly just a little tester/clone bias towards waveriding – which most people buying this size of board won't actually do.
    I don't believe in adding the scores for an average. I believe you should prioritise for your requirements and choose against those.

I find the scores do quantify the write ups very well.
    Whilst really pleased that boards have finally released a test and aimed at an area that is highly relevant to most coastal sailors ( I've posted here about having a comparative test between FSWs freewaves and wave boards) I agree this test has been rather biased by the quality of rider and their natural sailing desire.
    Boards used to use guest testers and I think that really introduced an element of common sense.
    Something I would strongly advocate for the future.

So Adrian, how many different testers were on this recent test and what was the diversity mix?
    Pk

Quote Originally Posted by PK1111 View Post
    I don't believe in adding the scores for an average. I believe you should prioritise for your requirements and choose against those.
    Good advice. (I wonder who first put that idea in print....LOL)
    Last edited by basher; 28th December 2012 at 02:32 AM.
    Now back in the UK.

Don't know whether its been mentioned....

Why can't slalom and speed boards be gauged by a gps in boards tests. For this kind of kit, it's the only way to make an informed choice, especially speed boards.

It's pointless to say "this" board felt faster, as it may not be the case. Which would be a disservice to an accurate test.

It would be very interesting to see what boards did what, with hard evidence.

...when will we see the wave board tests Adrian?

PS
    Also keen to hear your views on how big the overlap is now between the likes of the JP and fanatic thruster freewaves, and dedicated large wave boards like the fanatic, quatro and staboard quads in the big circa 100 liter sizes?
    http://pembswindsurfing.blogspot.com
    Thoughts, Stories and Exploits from a DTL duffer!