Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Have similar problems and read comments and agree as advice I was given that worked: you get ripped skin from bad technique as weight should be through lines not hands, Climb on Cream us brilliant as makes skin supple without hard high points to cause rips, and aids healing. They do a cream in tube which best overnight. They also do a hard wax to apply during day, unfortunatly that smears the boom and makes it slippy.

Last time I went to Pras I suffered really badly from blisters. I was as fit as I had been in my life but as a result of the extended sailing time this afforded me and monkey man strength, my hands and feet were shredded on the second day, Neutrogena cream and all.

Oddly enough the previous time I went, my hands were absolutely fine. Same conditions both times. The difference is that I had a knackered shoulder the first time so I had no option other than to exert minimal grip on the boom and maximum harness commitment and to sail shorter more focused sessions.

Moral of the story pretty obvious from that I hope.

Just thought I'd mention:

Wifey surprised me with a pot of 'Climb-On' for Christmas. Been using it.
    I've sailed twice since, both highly overpowered at times, and my hands feel way better than ever before after sailing.
    No any hint of delamination, they don't even hurt in the slightest after a long sail, as they used to do.

So so far the stuff seems pretty awesome.

Only downside is, the sugar gliders love it.. So if I stick my hand in the cage they pounce on me and grab my fingers with their paws and lick my fingers.
    It's endearing and ticklish, but its difficult to get them off again.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    Just thought I'd mention:

Wifey surprised me with a pot of 'Climb-On' for Christmas. Been using it.
    I've sailed twice since, both highly overpowered at times, and my hands feel way better than ever before after sailing.
    No any hint of delamination, they don't even hurt in the slightest after a long sail, as they used to do.

So so far the stuff seems pretty awesome.

Only downside is, the sugar gliders love it.. So if I stick my hand in the cage they pounce on me and grab my fingers with their paws and lick my fingers.
    It's endearing and ticklish, but its difficult to get them off again.
    Hallelujah! You've seen the light

I think you'll notice how much quicker your hands heal too. Stick it in cuts, grazes, cracked skin and blisters and they're fixed enough for your next session.