Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

New Boards Issue - What do you want?

Hi Guys,

I posted this feature a couple of days ago but would be great to also get some input from the forum. We are now working on the new 2013 Spring Summer Boards issue; this will again focus on FLAT WATER windsurfing: racing, freestyle, slalom, speed, freeride and more intermediate focussed.

We would love to hear your feedback, especially anything you think we should be covering more in the printed magazine or a specific idea/are that you would like to know more about. http://boards.mpora.com/features/issue-boards.html

Any feedback welcomed,
    Thanks, Amy

I'd like to see you compare two lightwind boards.

The JP Super Light wind and its big sail against the (say) Fanatic Skate 100 for a 75kg rider and the 110 for an 85 kg rider with sails between 5.8 and 6.4m.

http://vimeo.com/41603312

Point being - do you need a big board and what do you get to do versus the freestyle/freeride option with the smaller sail.

Also an article on the AHD foil board. You could maybe include it in the lightwind comparison?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aihqiBahXsU

A report from the speed guys about Luderitz and what they think they might be able to do in stronger winds and will the fin cavitation be a limiting factor.

A test on SUP windsurfers or maybe an overall view - including the limits on what can be used for windsurfing and paddling.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPUEixCs5mE
    Last edited by boards_ronnie; 16th January 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Swimsuit corner?

Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Yes, that would be nice!

Agree with ronnies suggetions especially about SUP test, and other beginner/intermediate-friendly content.

Seeing as it will be out in spring/summer, a bit about affordable travel destinations in UK/Europe wouldn't go amiss (I think the further flung destinations have been covered enough already?)

I like the idea of some more space given over to speed sailing. The top-level Luderitz (and Kirby) stuff is interesting. Some more entry level stuff on sailing faster on production machinery could also be good.

Different views on light wind toys to have in the van (Huge freeride / freeformula / big slalom / freestyle / windSUP / Kona / raceboard / canoe) might also be fun.
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Article on the seabreeze beachs of the UK, there location, now cast locations, conditions to look out for on their respective now casts forecasts that indicate a thermals likley and how reliable they are etc...

Speed sailing stuffs a good idea.

Flat water technique and other actiivites to improve your wavesailing?

Anything but a magazine stuffed with nothing but beginner stuff, big freeride boards and ****off big sails, I took a look at the summer mag and wasn't tempted in the slightest last year.

I think you should avoid being too dogmatic about the summer edition being for beginners and big freeride kit. The magazine lurks around the shops well into the autumn and anyway it is quite often windy in summer. I do most of my UK windsurfing in the second half of the year and I have zero interest in big kit. I'm sure there are others like me.
    It is what it is.