Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: O/T- referendum

Quote Originally Posted by jwlbrace View Post

"Holmes. I deeply resent your insertion of citrus fruit in my fundament, merely to afford the you the opportunity of cheap word play"

(since we're on EU fruit regulations)
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    "Holmes. I deeply resent your insertion of citrus fruit in my fundament, merely to afford the you the opportunity of cheap word play"

(since we're on EU fruit regulations)
    Best joke ever*.

* though the gap has been narrowed by Henning Wehn's German joke.
    It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by /Vico View Post
    Best joke ever*.

* though the gap has been narrowed by Henning Wehn's German joke.
    What you need is a joke that can be used as a weapon of war http://youtu.be/LhmnOpoGAPw
    Never trust a man who doesn't like cats. -
    www.windsurf.me.uk.

I was wondering what kind of bananas these creatures eat
    the ones with the correct bend or the others

off topic

Italy's Monti implied today in Davos that DC's referendum is a correct decision because of the unwillingness of some other European politicians to take brave steps ahead.

sorry for the off topic
    Last edited by paul2010; 25th January 2013 at 05:31 AM.

Economic integration requires political integration, which means a watering down of your representative democracy.
    Unfortunately the eu ignored this and believed it could drive political integration through without the buy in from the people. It was therefore doomed to failure.

Compare to say the United States of America. Their political and economic union works due to their cultural cohesion. Sure, they have big diversity in in political views, racial tensions etc, and their highly politicised machine can't agree or run a budget to save their lives.......but run the Stars and Stripes up a flag pole and play the star spangled banner and the vast majority are devoutly American.

Europe does not have that advantage and should accept it.
    The insistence on having one way of working and expanding at high speed, purely due to politicians egos has been their undoing.

Europe needs to reorganise itself according to its current position and objectives.
    That means a core that is highly integrated.
    There needs to be a periphery that is more free to relate to that core, and progress in and out accordingly.
    The uk will never join a full union. The eu cannot continue as it has been.

So dave Cameron's position is eminently sensible, and that's before you recognise what it has given him and the Tories over the next 3 years.

I, like many English people, appreciate what Europe is at its best.
    60 years of peace in Europe , the ability to travel freely and use a single currency is fantastic.
    We wish it well. But we cannot join such a fundamentally flawed political construct.

Pk