Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

North.marketing.nonsense

Please can someone explain why the UPPERCASE.FULL.STOP stuff from North grates with me so much? I know it's just marketing tosh but for some reason it winds me up.

Or am i completely wrong and there's actually some rational explanation for this bizarre syntax?

Vorsprung.Durch.Technik don't you know...

Well, quite.

But a MULTI.TRONIC.AUTO isn't going to make me buy an Audi anymore than a CROSS.BATTEN makes me want to buy North.

ahh but you seem cynical, you mean you actually think your sailing would best improved by more time on the water, plenty of wind, a bit more fitness and a damn good attitude adjustment when you crap out and get nervous?

Me, I know that if I just spent 250 on shock absorbing mast extension that I'd be far better sailor.

Oh so that's why i've been progressing so slowly. I'll buy myself a TINY.WAVE.SAIL and i'll be looping in no time
    Last edited by T Keks; 20th March 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T Keks View Post
    Oh so that's why i've been progressing so slowly. I'll buy myself a TINY.WAVE.SAIL and i'll be looping in no time
    Only if you buy MAHOOSIVE.BOLL.OCKS with it.
    Never trust a man who doesn't like cats. -
    www.windsurf.me.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by T Keks View Post
    Please can someone explain why the UPPERCASE.FULL.STOP stuff from North grates with me so much? I know it's just marketing tosh but for some reason it winds me up.

Or am i completely wrong and there's actually some rational explanation for this bizarre syntax?
    I got caught by a marketing woman some years back to look at some financial ads (it was either that or shopping in Sainsbury's ).

'Watch these TV ads and then tell me if any stand out' she says. None did although I told her that I found the condescending woman trying to flog me an American Express card particularly annoying. Bingo! correct answer. I then had to poke up with another load of questions about Amex despite explaining that after seeing that ad, their card would never see the inside of my wallet.

Given North have got some minimal discussion going on a forum and no doubt the odd punter would have clicked on their site to see their clobber; then it looks like 1-0 to the North marketing men. Job's a good'un.

Edit: or it could have been Tesco