Freestyle weed fin

Can anyone recommend a freestyle weed fin?

so far I have found this one

http://www.windsurfingfins.co.uk/pro...t=&prod_id=304

or

http://www.windsurfingfins.co.uk/pro...4&#prod_anchor

thanks

Both look good to me.

But you must sail in very weedy waters to have a problem with short freestyle fins in the first place.

It also depends on the type of weed, right?
    In Cape Town I used an 18cms fin that didn't seem to catch seaweed on the sea but the grass floating on the surface of the lake (worse after the wakeboarders had been in the reed beds upwind) was sticky stuff you just couldn't jump off.
    Now back in the UK.

Yo

I have been sailing with the makani Naia 18 cm fin. A really good fin tha tI really liked. Very light. Unfortunately, I lost it.....

Now I am sailing with the MFC freestyle weed fin 16 cm, which is somewhat better. It is thinner in the base, less wide and more flexible in the tip.

I would go for a freestyle weed fin with a narrow, thin profile. The problem with wider and thicker fins is in my opinion that it is difficult to go fast enough to make the sail go light in your hands, if that makes sense. I have seen that Makani has a new freestyle fin "Koi" which looks very promising (thinner and more narrow)

thanks for the replies

off on our annual trip to leucate soon and the floating loose weed can be a pain. Yolen, do you use a bigger size fin when using a weed fin due to the rake? I assume not if your using a 16cm. I am still using a 20cm fin so will go for something about that size
    [QUOTE=yolen;93650

I have been sailing with the makani Naia 18 cm fin. A really good fin tha tI really liked. Very light. Unfortunately, I lost it.....

Now I am sailing with the MFC freestyle weed fin 16 cm, which is somewhat better. It is thinner in the base, less wide and more flexible in the tip.

I would go for a freestyle weed fin with a narrow, thin profile. The problem with wider and thicker fins is in my opinion that it is difficult to go fast enough to make the sail go light in your hands, if that makes sense. I have seen that Makani has a new freestyle fin "Koi" which looks very promising (thinner and more narrow)[/QUOTE]