Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hempy665 View Post
    Ok so it looks like 100l is the one to go for. My list is a 2013 tabou twister 100l and a 2013 f2 rodeo 98l. Do you think there are any board in particular I should be looking for?
    Phil and Danielle from getwindsurfing have at least one if not two rodeos for sale. Might be worth trying them.

http://www.getwindsurfing.com

I have the 102 litre rodeo and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
    look for a JP 98, 2011,

I am a little hesitant about the tabou twister 100l you have found because it is a little heavier
    I have not sail it so I can't comment on anything else
    Ok i will look out for one, wold you say that I should only look at boards that are a couple of years old then? I did see a new old stock jp freestyle but it was 800 which I thought was expensive

Anything that is 2009 onwards from Fanatic, JP, F2, Starboard will be more than good enough for learning. What year was the JP?

Quote Originally Posted by Yatesy View Post
    Anything that is 2009 onwards from Fanatic, JP, F2, Starboard will be more than good enough for learning. What year was the JP?
    It was a 2012 jp freestyle. The tabou twister sounds tempting, I just haven't seen any reviews for it. Very confusing.

800 for a brand new board is a pretty decent price I think, but depends how much you want to spend. I also don't think you can go wrong with the twister to be honest - although I haven't sailed it - I've spoken to quite a few people who have, and they all seem to like it, and it's seems pretty unanimous that going back to the single fin has improved the board. So given that you liked the old twister I can't see you not liking this one. All the 2013 boards are going to be more than adequate for learning vulcans and spocks beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by Yatesy View Post
    I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of the 2013 freestyle boards. The Tabou was redesigned by Tonky Frans this winter and is back to being single fin. Also just had a look at the weight of the Tabou and it's pretty standard weight at 6.3kg, same as my 2013 Skate 89 and that feels light, so I wouldn't be put off by it being a little heavier, as it may also be a bit more durable. 700 for a 2013 board sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Like Paul I haven't sailed either of this years boards. Have sailed the 2012 Rodeo in the 90 and that was super easy to sail, and probably the easiest board to pop I've ever sailed. Don't like the graphics on it this year, so I'd opt for the Tabou out of those two ha! Yes I know I'm vain.
    I have not sailed ANY 2013 board so I cannot comment but my experience with Tabou is that they are always a little heavier than the average and always overshoot the specification number

Quote Originally Posted by Hempy665 View Post
    Ok i will look out for one, wold you say that I should only look at boards that are a couple of years old then? I did see a new old stock jp freestyle but it was 800 which I thought was expensive
    no. no.
    I recommended the jp 98 2011 just out of personal preference, I have sailed it and found it quite forgiving and easy to learn, it is a little wider than usual and this adds to stability