Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early flaka attempts

I've started to practice flakas and have tried less than 50 on port tack. It is the only trick I've tried on port tack so far so these attempts (helmet cam and mast cam) are not great but I value all comments. When I look at the attempts I think I'm not throwing the rig hard enough, I might pop too early and my pop on port tack is quite bad. I might try to place the rig as far forward before popping as possible on my next session. I find it hard to get the timing right (rig throw and pop). If I get anywhere on my attempts I end up face first on the sail now. I guess the challenge is to get the nose first landing to make the board pivot. Thanks!

Nothing useful to add, except I've been trying for ages and can't get them. My attempts look fairly similar and I find them really really difficult, I think I'm gonna crack funnells in much less time.

Apparently as soon as you start to get them you make the majority.

Funnily enough, I'm the same in that I can only spock etc on starboard, but try all my flakas on port as I'm much better backwinded (upwind360 etc) on that side.

hi
    You have to keep your board flat while take off.
    And then u have to get tour body way more towards the nose.
    and a good tip is to use your vision as much as possible to guide the rotation.

u#ll get it soon

Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle4975 View Post
    hi
    You have to keep your board flat while take off.
    And then u have to get tour body way more towards the nose.
    and a good tip is to use your vision as much as possible to guide the rotation.

u#ll get it soon

Mathias
    Thanks! I thought that I was popping too much with toe pressure and it did not look good. I'll try popping more with the center of the foot. And yes more commitment and leaning with the upper body. Got it and will try... and Tim don't be despaired. You'll land one sooner I'm sure!

Have you watched this?

I've never attempted one (still stuck on my upwind 360s) but this seems to have some good tips and terrific slo-mo.

Thank you all for your comments, tips and links! The suggested links are the best I've found as well. Here are my latest tries.