Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matycam View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm quite new here and I'm looking for a new board. I have to choose between the skate TE 101 and the twintip ltd v3 101. I'm not an expert, learning to throw the first moves in the air. I'm searching for a board which can get planing fast and I woudn't have difficulty sliding and learning the first tricks.

In my local store the twintip is way cheaper than the skate and my question is that you think I could get into freestyle with the rrd board?

Thanks in advance !
    Have a look at the classifieds on this site, there is a Skate 100 which would be a good option for learning freestyle, in fact it's a great board all round.

Quote Originally Posted by windyrich View Post
    Have a look at the classifieds on this site, there is a Skate 100 which would be a good option for learning freestyle, in fact it's a great board all round.
    Well, I can read a lot about the skate everywhere in the internet. The twintip v3 looks great for me also and I can see some team riders using it. I just can't read any review from that board and I would be insterested if someone could talk about their impressions a bit more detailed.

In my local store the twintip is way cheaper than the skate and my question is that you think I could get into freestyle with the rrd board?

Thanks in advance !
    Absolutely. The Skate is definitely hugely popular and has been, through many incarnations, but the Twin Tip is also used by many, so if it is "way cheaper" (my favourite price, as it happens) then go for that. The rest, as ever, is up to you.
    It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by /Vico View Post
    Absolutely. The Skate is definitely hugely popular and has been, through many incarnations, but the Twin Tip is also used by many, so if it is "way cheaper" (my favourite price, as it happens) then go for that. The rest, as ever, is up to you.
    Hmm.. Okay, thank you! Maybe I can demo them. I have only used skate and I have no idea how the twintip is compared to it. Better try it out and get some opinions before I take a wrong decision :/

Don't buy a twintip without trying it. I've found it different to all the other freestyle boards I've tried in terms of pop.

Quote Originally Posted by tim319 View Post
    Don't buy a twintip without trying it. I've found it different to all the other freestyle boards I've tried in terms of pop.
    Was it worse ? What do you think overall ?

Was it worse ? What do you think overall ?
    Both boards are good, but if u want to start learning tricks, go with the Fanatic BGS 100, it have so much foregiveness.

Good winds!