Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    Good to hear Capie, happy for you.
    Get ready for cambers...
    They are on the way ... but only three of them.
    My Boards: 2016 Fanatic Falcon TE 129, 2014 Patrik Slalom 115 vII, 2014 Patrik Slalom 92l, 1992 Windsurfer One Design, 2012 Fanatic Freewave 85l
    My Sails: North Sails Warp f2016 , North Hero, North Volt

Quote Originally Posted by Asle View Post
    Btw, the biggest difficulty about planing through the gybes when it is light on the bigger sails are the fact that you sail so much faster than the wind going into the gybe that you hit a wall of air when you are right down wind, the sail back winds and you come to a stop. When it is light I try to gybe in gusts to avoid that. If I am in a hole and have to turn I try to tack.
    Thanks Asle. I've also found that depowering the rig and flipping the sail early helps.
    My Boards: 2016 Fanatic Falcon TE 129, 2014 Patrik Slalom 115 vII, 2014 Patrik Slalom 92l, 1992 Windsurfer One Design, 2012 Fanatic Freewave 85l

What a coincidence I asked about that windsurfer crossing my bow and you got one of these boards now. I think your gonna kick butt with it. :-) Where you order it from?

Yeah, not sure I'm brave enough the use it in the Dash but they are known for their long distance abilities. Judging by the first outing, it really is easy to control but I think for the Dash, I will probably give the Gecko another crack. I've sailed the Gecko from 7 knots to 40 knots so I know it will be able to handle whatever I throw at it. And I'm not looking to win the race.

So why adjustable cut out's?

It's about the reduction of wetted area for speed when its windy (and nicer turning) and replacing the volume and surface support at the stern when the wind is lighter.

(Kind of what I was suggesting as an idea with side fin flaps like Starboard introduced with the Phantom.)

Also what I was speculating about in the bit I lost in the downwind thread, (will we see the return of tail flaps?)

There is also something else new on the way, I saw some Peter Thommen shapes at the proto phase on a drawing board recently which will be part of a vehicle launching a new windsurf brand I may be involved with going forward.

Yeah, the adjustable cutouts put me off a bit. To be clear though, there are only two adjustments. For early planing, they recommend taking the inserts out and leaving them in otherwise. Is that not the opposite of what you were suggesting?

What do you think that changes? Flattens the board off with the inserts in and gives more control in high winds? Seemed to plane pretty darn early with them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Capie View Post
    Yeah, not sure I'm brave enough the use it in the Dash but they are known for their long distance abilities. Judging by the first outing, it really is easy to control but I think for the Dash, I will probably give the Gecko another crack. I've sailed the Gecko from 7 knots to 40 knots so I know it will be able to handle whatever I throw at it. And I'm not looking to win the race.

naaaahhhhh you should give the Patrik a bash at the dash next year.

I also have the option to go for Gecko 110L at the moment, but opted for the JP SS due to price, sounds like you really enjoying the board. Have you sailed any other earlier boards(2002-2008?) in the past and can say you experience huge difference going to the Gecko or more recent boards? Sorry, I'm probably sabotaging the Patrik discussion here.