Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

how is this board ? help ..!

l have made the choce to get my first 100 lt board and my uncle has a AHD that hasnt been used. its a older model but he hasnt used it at all. but lm wondering because l have never been on a small board like this before will it be more dificult for me to master than a new style freeride board ? take a look at the pic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	10889
    will this do the job ? l dont wanna go pay 1000 euros or so for a brand new one. as l can get this for free.
    so whats the ups and downs of this board compared to say a new jp allride?

thanks

PS: lm gonna use it for blastin around at 20+knots and jumping and catch a wave here and there.
    Last edited by soundwaves; 13th October 2014 at 04:25 PM.

If it's free it'll be absolutely fine. Don't let anybody give you any b@llocks about how you 'need' a more modern, wider, shorter board with 17 fins.

It will be harder to sail than a more modern wider board admittedly but if you manage it you'll have a blast. What are the board dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    If it's free it'll be absolutely fine. Don't let anybody give you any b@llocks about how you 'need' a more modern, wider, shorter board with 17 fins.

It will be harder to sail than a more modern wider board admittedly but if you manage it you'll have a blast. What are the board dimensions?
    havent got a clue about the dimensions of it. will see when l pick it up tommorow. are older styles more dificult to jibe ?
    whats the pros and cons of older styles ? mind you thay look more like surfboards than newer models and that seem like a good thing

If its a similar age to your existing board it will just feel smaller so you should be fine.
    Anyway if its free you have nothing to lose

Quote Originally Posted by cheech View Post
    If its a similar age to your existing board it will just feel smaller so you should be fine.
    Anyway if its free you have nothing to lose
    this board is aroun a 2002 model or something like that not shure. my other boards are around 2013. but like you said it is free.

The AHD's are good, even in the old designs, so I think you will find it fits the bill for what you are learning at the moment.
    2018 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 03, B&J/Wave 02, SUP/WindSUP 00
    2017 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 12, B&J/Wave 09, SUP/WindSUP 01
    2016 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 20, B&J/Wave 23, SUP/WindSUP 03

That's a great board. There is a guy down here who buys a new board every year and keeps going back to his AHD. He has one sail and one board and flies. Go for it.
    My Boards: 2016 Fanatic Falcon TE 129, 2014 Patrik Slalom 115 vII, 2014 Patrik Slalom 92l, 1992 Windsurfer One Design, 2012 Fanatic Freewave 85l
    My Sails: North Sails Warp f2016 , North Hero, North Volt