Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If it is a Free Diamond 70 there are nice mid sized freeride boards. I had one years ago and seem to remember they quoted both actual volume and what they called "apparent volume". Apparent volume because at 70cm wide they were somewhat wider than most other equivalent boards at the time. They are very light and therefore need to be treated with care. I really like mine. At the time it seemed quick to plane and pretty fast. Down side was it was not the easiest to gybe and became a bit of a handful in rougher water states. I used mine as my biggest light wind board at the time. They also did one a size bigger at ( I think) 77cm wide. There are couple still being used fairly regularly in the summer on my beach.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_in_poole View Post
    Well the AHD convertible 267 from 1994 had a couple of extra fins..........

Just found out my AHD 275 was from 1996! Its hanging from the rafters in the garage so I might get it down and take it for a blast sometime soon to see how it compares against my Exocet freeride.
    the high wind model looks HARDCORE. now thats what l would call a X-CİTE RİDE..!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soundwaves View Post
    you know it gets bigger when you click on it right ?

l will take a Picture of the actual board and post it tommorow.
    Not much bigger!! and with my old eyes!

It was when you said 100l I thought of the max ride.

this AHD boards have been very popular
    here on Lake Neusiedl in their time.
    fast and sharp railed boards with good control
    and excellent planing speeds.

l cant upload the Picture of it but it is a MAXX RİDE 62. it sais boyancy up to 90kg read short board safty rules.. so does this mean its a 90 litre ? l heard it is a 104 ?
    it has a swept back fin on it that sais freeride convert. and on the rails it sais sais advance hull Dynamics ?
    so what type of board is this ? FSW ? WAVE ? FREESTYLE ? BUMP AND JUMP FREERİDE ?
    more importantly will it do the job for me learning how to use a low volme board so l can go and get a new one after lm confident that lm good anough ? ( not be lazy to waterstart ) l can do it but with higher volumes l tend to not bother and just uphaull

The volume is indeed 104 litres - with the 90kgs sailor limit figure allowing for rig weight when uphauling.

In reality, a 62cms width, narrow-tailed board is not easy to uphaul, compared to a wider one - but stuff like uphauling also depends on how flat the water is and how heavy you are in your wet wetsuit.
    Now back in the UK.

The specs of the 2001 range are here which this appears to be. Its a better board for your requirements of 20k+ blasting than the Free Diamond 70 but get water starting nailed.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...df&chrome=true