Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New GPS?

DeuxPoissons it's not the units that are the problems it's the arm bands, crashes over 30knts are a bit chaotic to say the least so it's easy to lose them, I use an extra leash around my neck which works quite well��
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    Good grief Mark. I knew there were a fair few down there, but I never imagined the attrition rate was that high. Do most of your speedfellows lose quite so many?

Oh shoot! I reached 45kt over 500m but I had a crash in the last 50m. lost my BGT

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by jknhismassivevan View Post
    DeuxPoissons it's not the units that are the problems it's the arm bands, crashes over 30knts are a bit chaotic to say the least so it's easy to lose them, I use an extra leash around my neck which works quite well��
    or how to recognise a speed sailor: by the permanent decapitation line in his neck!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    Good grief Mark. I knew there were a fair few down there, but I never imagined the attrition rate was that high. Do most of your speedfellows lose quite so many?

I recon at least thirty units. Remember Nick (stockie lad who used to use formula kit with me), he also lost least a dozen pairs if very expensive glasses

if mudlarking Ever takes off in WK, it'll be about gps's, not Victorian relics

The GP-102+ does look temptingly cheap. It would be a shame not to be able to upload times onto the website though. I'd be happy to wait a few months for another model to be approved, but not if it's going to be a year or more. There doesn't seem to be any movement in evidence. Does anyone know at what stage discussions are at?

I cant find anything on their website and as I'm not a full member I cant ask the question on the forum, so I've just emailed GPS Speedsurfing.

Done for you PiP as I am a full member - http://www.gps-speedsurfing.com/default.aspx
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"