Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Hi

Having double footstrap screws is a massive plus too...bit out of touch as I have not owned a production for years but I think they all use single screws.

Quote Originally Posted by firemansam View Post
    Hi

Having double footstrap screws is a massive plus too...bit out of touch as I have not owned a production for years but I think they all use single screws.

There are double screws on the back straps of all my Starboard wave boards.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    There are double screws on the back straps of all my Starboard wave boards.
    Fantastic. You must sleep very well at nights with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Asle View Post
    Fantastic. You must sleep very well at nights with that in mind.
    Other thread about corporate responsibility. This is my point!!

This thread has become very interesting. I wish someone would do a durability and longevity test. This to me is just as important as to how the board sails given the price of boards. If I knew the board offered good protection from catapults and general ding testing then that would also swing my decision. Board tests always focus on the sailing characteristics of the board and not the durability.

Because even if its the best construction, a board that doesnt suit performance wise the needs nobody, likes.
    But more atention for durability would be nice.
    Preparing for a good day of sailing tomorow with my custom and production board
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Quote Originally Posted by flanajb View Post
    This thread has become very interesting. I wish someone would do a durability and longevity test. This to me is just as important as to how the board sails given the price of boards. If I knew the board offered good protection from catapults and general ding testing then that would also swing my decision. Board tests always focus on the sailing characteristics of the board and not the durability.
    Being as its hard enough to get a board test of any sort these days, getting them to include a durability and longevity test would seem next to impossible.