Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    As has been said, issues like power delivery, and room to duck under the boom may be more the key issues for some people.
    I guess you still use a wave sail for freestyle? How is that for power delivery and room to duck under the boom?

Quote Originally Posted by Asle View Post
    I guess you still use a wave sail for freestyle? How is that for power delivery and room to duck under the boom?
    I actually have Tushingham Bolts in some freestyle sizes. Technically, they are all round sails and labelled as 'free move' in the four batten sizes. But the batten layout is the same as the Neil Pryde Wizard, so there is duck room under the boom (more so than for the Tushingham Rock wave sails).

But they are new and so I haven't used them enough to comment yet. I'm still on Tushy Rocks for wavesailing.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, £490, Nuevo 73 2013 £550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here – contact via the weather thread!

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    I actually have Tushingham Bolts in some freestyle sizes. Technically, they are all round sails and labelled as 'free move' in the four batten sizes. But the batten layout is the same as the Neil Pryde Wizard, so there is duck room under the boom (more so than for the Tushingham Rock wave sails).

But they are new and so I haven't used them enough to comment yet. I'm still on Tushy Rocks for wavesailing.
    Well I can do freestyle on my wave board with wave rig as well, it just does not look as good. And it is way harder. I have never had problems ducking caused of room under the clew, the hard part is to lay the sail neutral onto the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_gbg View Post

Avanti Sails ECHO ME 4.8 - weight: 2.60 kg - luff: 412 cm - boom: 161 cm

400 Spine RDM100 - weight: 1.45 kg

Point7 SLASH 4.8 - weight: 3.10 kg - luff 398 - boom: 149 cm
    Point7 C100 RDM 370 - weight: 1.35 kg
    (Point7 C100 RDM 400 - weight: 1.50 kg)

hmm I'm very skeptic about the weights here. I suspect the P7 is a bit heavier than that.
    The avanti is really great being so light, but my favourite is the idol ltd cause it feel as light as the avanti but it lifts you better cause it's really powerful.

The echo me could have been great but it will tear way too easily, so fragile, and you can't fix it properly cause it's not made of monofilm.
    Last edited by allafleche; 7th June 2016 at 11:43 AM.

Welcome to the forum Allafleche.

I’d agree that comparing sail weights or even rig weights without considering how strong / durable they are is missing the point. There is also a wide range of freestyle sails from the short boom ultra manoeuvrable sails to the more power orientated sails that are focused toward generating speed (and therefore lift). Comparing two totally different types of sail based on weight is missing the point.

P.S. I’d take a tuff power wave / freestyle sail over a dedicated manoeuvre sail every time.

I don't find the P7 to be easier to duck than the idol for example.
    the 'echo me' and 'idol ltd' duck just as well if not better cause the profile is more neutral during the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Asle View Post
    I some times use my wave sails for freestyle as well but only if the wind are heavy. The freestyle sails gives More Power and allow you to use Smaller sail.

Ducking wave sails is not a problem as it is as easy to lay them neutral to the wind. But if you want to Go for Big Power moves freestyle sails is just the easier. For beginners moves like flaks. Shaka , grubby and spocks wave sails will Work fine