Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I think he would be private for out of area patients

Quote Originally Posted by Bmg253 View Post
    Is he a private physio or NHS? Chichester's a bit far to go from Tooting! I may look at a sports injury clinic if I have to wait too long for the NHS.
    There's an excellent sports injury clinic in Wimbledon village. I tore my knee ligaments a few years ago snowboarding and they got me sorted - they used to do the England Rugby team so had seen a few injuries in their time!
    physiocentric.co.uk
    2018: El Med 3. Cornwall 3.

Hi BMG,
    I think i have done mine - SUP in October, i think holding onto the paddle while wiping out did it. I havent been to a doctors yet, but there is quite a good physio i go to in Clapham North - Balance physio who are quite good. about 60 a session.

other ones are Paul goss body logic battersea and Toby at Recentre in Balham and http://backtoback432.co.uk/sports-injury-clinic/ ...

good luck
    Currently on Simmer Blacktips, Simmer Frugal 77, Fanatic Stubby 88, JP xcite ride 120 and AHD Summerboard windsup.

I tore a tendon about 50% which luckily did not detach and took about a year of physio to get mostly back and 2 years to be 100%. I managed to keep sailing Consultant said if fully detached he would have to operate and takes several years before you can fully load again, so avoid damaging moroe.
    A good physio can help recovery and it is crucial as it is a complicated joint and can heal offset bringing problems later.
    I did tell consultant I sailed for several days afterwards (on holiday and could not lift arm to boom but developed a swing to get it there) and expected to be told off. He was unconcerned as long as I did not strain the injury (I could pull but not push).
    Someone mentioned frozen shoulder which was explained to me as there is a bag of fluid lubricating the joint and that can dry out. The cure is to inject saline which works 70% first time and 70% second time for first-time failures. Worked for me.
    Boards: F2 Gorilla 76, Tabou Quadster 86, Fanatic Triwave 95, Starboard Kombatwave 96, F2 Stoke 115, JPFreeRace 125, Sails: Gaastra Poison 4.2, North Hero 4.2, North Ice 4.7, Simmer Icon 5.3, Gaastra Cross 6, Ezzy Elite 6.1, Tushingham Storm 6.5, Severne Turbo 7.5

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice. I'm going to get some private physio ASAP. Being 65 I can't afford to wait for the NHS (although they were great when I last had physio in the 90s) so I guess it's worth it!

'Preventative' maintenance exercises (see U tube) of the rotator cuff don't take long, but you never know if you've prevented any problems or not. Reading this thread makes me think they are a good idea not just for body builders and climbers, but for ws too.