Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Beach View Post
    I have lots of little tricks for this: sailing along I'm continually consciously relaxing my hands (playing the piano on the boom, taking hands off whenever possible), back (small movements in the harness until it pulls from the right place), knees legs and feet (amazing the difference it makes if you work on keeping your feet relaxed) etc

Basically I try and save every bit of energy for when I'm actually riding a wave and then I give it everything I can. So the rest of my sailing is extremely relaxed - others might say lazy, but I don't care. I'm not interested in racing people, not interested in wasting energy on freestyle tricks or loops - if I have to jump then I try to do a good one and land well, but I'm not bothered about how high I go etc. I make all my gybes, so no energy wasted on falling in trying to tack, and I try to plane out of them as this also saves a lot of energy.

I try and choose my sail size to allow me to be just powered up enough to do the shortest possible reaches out to sea to stay in the line-up, but not overpowered when on the wave. I have even been known to hook back in briefly in between turns on a wave ... does anyone else do that ?
    I do. I'd say from your post we are pretty much spit and image on these for us important topics, although I am all of five years your junior.

(I'm not going to start another thread on sleeping, eating, drinking, streching, medication and massage. At least not tonight. I guess most people slowly wake to the relization that doing sports like WS way into your future takes a lot of time and thought. Couldn't possibly be combined with work.
    Last edited by boards_Tomas; 19th December 2014 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I have seen two windsurfers and a few SUPers who use a camelback in Lanzarote to keep hydrated. I have it on my list of things to try out.

One of the guys is obsessed with backloops and his camelback seems to survive repeated back first landings.
    Do at home in b&j spot where half decent waves can sometimes be found way upwind leaving you half knackered even before knowing it's rideable. Have even carried a spare fin, ho ho.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    ps on a MTB you should always push the bars...not pull.....that why its called a push bike!!! Probably the same on a motorbike???
    Down here you are heavily fined by la polizia for running out of gas, so even less likely then I will be pushing my motos anytime soon, ha ha.

Sorry mikrb. Yes it's mostly pushing, but the point is if left hand pulls or even just tenses up, the right hand will have to push harder. To go left. Right? (I do all sorts of two wheeled riding bith sitting and standing, and it can and should often be a about getting a lot of bodyparts working together. For the common good so to speak. And specially when riding blind corners on a moto grande.

How about getting this thread back on the water folks, with or without hydration?
    Last edited by boards_Tomas; 19th December 2014 at 09:48 PM.

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    I use a Camel Bak and it works great. I use it in my long distance cycling and/or my long distance windsurfing.The drink that works the best for me s Tropical Punch 15% diluted roughly.Also Gatorade 40% diluted.

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    Also Gatorade 40% diluted.
    Did just that even down here last year with waves right on the beach but tricky launches and landings.

But now please everyone, drink, piss and get back on water! In that order.
    Last edited by boards_Tomas; 19th December 2014 at 10:18 PM.

I find a can of Stella and a few B&H gold on the drive down set me up for the day. If I get the shakes, it's burger van time.
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

Quote Originally Posted by Arf View Post
    I find a can of Stella and a few B&H gold on the drive down set me up for the day. If I get the shakes, it's burger van time.
    Can't you hear me barking

No really, a little hurdy gurdy allways keep you focused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyrxtVnc-28
    Last edited by boards_Tomas; 19th December 2014 at 11:55 PM.