Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Haha, I've not heard that version before. Here is my staple version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yWZcsgwF8
    * -Scourge of the Seven Seas-*

Since this thread has anyway side tracked beyond recovery, does anyone have more tips on how to avoid or deal with cramps after doing sports? I suffer badly, especially in the tighs and hands from doing these kind of static sports with half bent legs and clutching hands. Yes I do try and relax but anyway
    The infamous wavewriter

Quote Originally Posted by boards_Tomas View Post
    Since this thread has anyway side tracked beyond recovery, does anyone have more tips on how to avoid or deal with cramps after doing sports?
    Take vitamin E supplements. I'd suggest 400 U/day and a pill that includes "mixed tocopherols", but other kinds will probably help, too. This has worked like a charm for me. I used to end my session because of cramps before I took vitamin E; that has not happened in years. There's plenty of research evidence to support this; just google "Vitamin E cramps". Adding 250 mg vitamin C may work even better according to one study (http://ndt.oxfordjournals.org/content/16/7/1448.long).

Thank you, will look into it. Note that my cramps don't show up until many hours after a session. Often at night. Taking magnesium seems to have helped but will check out other options.
    The infamous wavewriter

Quote Originally Posted by boards_Tomas View Post
    Thank you, will look into it.
    Understanding academic papers on foreign subjects is tough, but this seems to make some sense. While I have made sure to allways take magnesium when training hard lately, I have been more ignorant with the vitamins. Not sure but suspect I may have had less trouble with cramps before I switched from kiwis to melons. Too bad there are so many variables at play.
    The infamous wavewriter

Our local bike shop (BikePoint) has started selling an electrolyte drink in tablet form (made by PowerBar). It has no energy content, just replacement minerals etc. Tastes OK (I like the grapefruit) and I find if I have a couple of these after windsurfing it helps a lot with cramp.

Before that I was taking some tablets called "Stop Cramp" which also worked quite well. Probably similar replacements minerals (magnesium ?) etc
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    -----------------------------
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.