Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the review Basher, interesting to get an in-depth comparison. Kinda sounds like the 5.3 Pro would be an awesome choice for the biggest sail in a quiver where you might get the most benefit considering their price?

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post

You can also get in way too deep here. There will be many people on here still sailing sails that weigh 4.5kgs in a 5m'ish size and they are probably having just as good a time as we are. The key thing on any day is still to be on the right size sail and one that works well with the mast you have.
    agree, yesterday the S-3 5.0 gave me a better time in Podersdorf, due to the massive power and drive it provides with its COE further back -
    and with 2.9kg its rather heavy compared to the 2.4kg of the S-1 Pro
    Last edited by chrispavlo; 30th April 2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: comment

Stev-O, yes, exactly.
    Not sure what the benefits really are in smaller sizes, when rig weight is light anyway.

The Blade Pro in the 5.7 weighs just 2.9 kgs, and the S1 Pro in the 5.6m size weighs a remarkable 2.5kgs – so either would be a great choice for your marginal wind sail.
    The 5.3 Pro Blade certainly fills that role for me – it's light and it's very powerful.

With the smaller sizes, I think the weight advantage only comes into play when you are trying to get a whole quiver of sails onto a plane.
    Now back in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post

With the smaller sizes, I think the weight advantage only comes into play when you are trying to get a whole quiver of sails onto a plane.
    the S-1 Pro 4.4 is one exceptional sail that gets lots of praise here for it's very early planing and huge windrange

here the 4.4 used by a lighter girl in good 5Bft:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	11958
    Last edited by chrispavlo; 30th April 2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: pic/video of S-1 Pro 4.4

Basher,
    Nice compersation of the Pro and the normal blade.
    Do you have this set as an replacement or as complimentary for Tush? ( where you seem to be a long, loyal user from).
    How do you compare them to each other?
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Jeroensurf,
    I was asked similar questions only yesterday.

I sold a home I had owned for many years after asking myself if I was the sort of person who would live in the same house forever. Moving to a different part of town and to a different sort of building was a liberating experience. My change from Tushingham was about the same sort of thing. And I had actually been trying a lot of different sails recently.

I still have my Tushinghams, and will probably keep the larger sizes. I also still have a HSM KS3.

The Severne Blades replace my Tushy Rocks, but if I was forced to go back to the Rocks I would not be unhappy. The Blades have a better wind range and are a bit lighter but the difference isn't as great as you might expect. When it's 5m weather you need a 5m sail – and that's more important than the label on the sail. The current Tushy Rocks are well-built and light and , on the right mast, are grunty powerful sails which suit our onshore conditions here, and they have a good top end. The Blades are only slightly better, mostly in the way they feel lighter in the hands and have a natural/plug and play wind range.
    Now back in the UK.

What a diplomatic response, presumably due to the general election fever that is currently upon us.

No doubt you'd change to Neil Pryde if Tushingham were importing them. I'd doubt you'd have changed to Severne if they weren't being imported by Tushingham.
    Wish I was better, but don't we all?!