Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Came on, lead the way :-)

Whilst being a fan of lightweight naish sails (also non flimsy). Having looked at the price of these you really would need to be able to cut down on the quiver size to justify the added cost. It will be interesting to see the verdict after a year or so of use.

Interesting review thanks basher. Ive used Blades for quite a few years, I look forward to your on the water review.

Quote Originally Posted by Silicon Beach View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked / answered before, but Basher do you know if Blades would work OK on Tushingham (white) masts ? If yes, then I might well replace my Rocks with Blades, one-by-one as they wear out. If no, then I'll stick with Rocks.

It will be interesting to read how much better you find the Blades over Rocks. I've no doubt that they are better than Tush, but how much better vs the extra price.
    SB I've run S1s from 2012 and '14 on a 370 white Tushingham mast and I thought it was absolutely fine. Maybe the Blade might be bit different, but I think any loss in performance is negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatesy View Post
    SB I've run S1s from 2012 and '14 on a 370 white Tushingham mast and I thought it was absolutely fine. Maybe the Blade might be bit different, but I think any loss in performance is negligible.
    That's great. Thanks Yatesy. Next step for me is try one (from TWS) and see how much better they are than my Rocks and whether it justify spending more dosh next time I need to replace a sail.
    -----------------------------
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.

Hi SB,

When I changed from Rocks to Blades I ran them with my old Tushie RDM masts for a while but noticed some of the local Shorham lads, that had Blades with proper Severne masts, seem to get them to set a little better. When I finally changed over to Gorillas they did in fact set and feel better on the water - not by much but enough to convince me it was a worthwhile change.
    Geko

Slowly racking the planet!
    http://www.vehicle-racking-systems.co.uk/
    or email me on:
    vrsystems@hotmail.co.uk

Ah right, thanks Geko. Was that the white Tush 100% RDM's (or the older black SDM's) ? How did the Blades compare to the Rocks in general ? Did you have newer version Rocks ?

incidentally (OT) ... looking on the Tushingham website, I notice that the new (black) masts don't have a 340 in the 100% version - just the 60% carbon. Obviously they weren't selling enough to justify it. So I hope my 340 lasts a long time as I absolutely love my 3.7 on it.
    Last edited by Silicon Beach; 29th March 2015 at 10:12 AM.
    Currently writing the World's first Windsurfing Novel: 'Too Close to the Wind' - watch this space!
    ps check out my musings from El Medano: Life on the Reef
    Boards: Quatro Supermini Thrusters: 94 & 85
    Sails: Severne Blades.