Page 424 of 426 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 LastLast
Results 2,962 to 2,968 of 2980
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic

Quote Originally Posted by tezwoz11 View Post
    This is actually the 2018 Zeeko windfoil with freeride wings as opposed to the race ones. Re back foot pressure it depends on where you set the mast base in its track - certainly on the three boards I've used it with at least. Further forwards you end up riding front biased and vice versa, so you can tune according to individual style. In terms of early take offs there's a very slight advantage to placing your UJ further back but it's more dependant on power in your rig. Minimal donwhaul is usually the way forward when looking at using smaller sails. Four/three batten sails will also help with take offs whereas five batten versions give greater stability once flying. What's really interesting with the Zeeko, unlike many other foils, is how different you can alter the ride by tweaking back foot position. For instance in comfortable powered conditions you can really rail the board over from very outboard footstraps. Zeeko's AVS system seems to help with not over foiling. Likewise you can place back foot inboard, out of the straps, and enjoy a different kind of ride that's no less efficient. If you're over powered then this tends to settle the foil down. It's much more noticeable than with other foils I've used. The overriding description of the Zeeko is smooth.

The 4.5m I'm using in the vid (Witchcraft Slayer) is pretty grunty and gets you flying on flat water in around 15 knots. That said it was choppy and around 18-20 knots. Towards the end the breeze increased further and I could've done with a 3.7m. Sail size depends very much on water state and consistency which is all direction based here on Hayling (sea front) - tide as well. Flat water with smaller lulls means you can get away smaller sails. The board you use also plays a part. NoveNove's Revo 135 is foil ready as opposed to foil specific. It gives good leverage once flying but doesn't take off that early. Plus it's not as forgiving as some if you touch down. All these factors do require accurate assessment of conditions each time you turn up at the beach. You're probs aware of all this though.
    Great info thx. With the '17 fuselage I always have the mast foot to the rear, some adjustment comes from the boom length of the sail in use. The thing I love most about this foil is how well it can be pumped into flight, really useful especially when using a rigid sail that flys great but doesn't pump much at all.

Starboard windfoiling.

https://www.facebook.com/Starboard.W...6190127905353/

Very light wind windfoiling with Gonzalo Costa Hoevel.
    https://www.facebook.com/Starboard.W...6172915815353/

Zeeko very pleased with their rankings in tests by two different magazines.

https://www.facebook.com/Zeeko-Windf...2166/?ref=py_c

A picture of the new Zeeko canard SUP/surf foil.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zeeko_foil_splitfire_sup_2018_surfone_modif.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	16166

Hopefully the next canard development from ZEEKO will be the windfoil version.
    Last edited by boards_ronnie; 6th May 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navegante View Post
    Lovely,it seems to be the one to have ... still undecided about the board ... RRD Slalom 114 (or similar) or a foil specific like the Starboard 122 ...