Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

first grubby attempts (vid), tips?

I tried the grubby for the first time yesterday. Somehow had trouble just getting to slide since i always wanted to let go of my back hand like doing a spock. -so the attempts were pretty awful, any pointers?

-summer is really late this year, that was shot last night, sailed from 22-23 o clock and it was 1c, i must say i can´t wait to sail without mittens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFL...ature=youtu.be

at least start by looking back, that seems to be totally missing

First pointer - get someone else to film you. First person footage like this makes for an impossible task to see how a move looks ;-)

Can't see where your front hand is, but make sure it's back by the harness line and not in the same position as a vulcan/spock. Second major point you need to have your backhand miles down the boom, try and move it back to where you boom clip is - very similar to forward position. Feels ridiculous to begin with, but makes it a whole lot easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Yatesy View Post
    Can't see where your front hand is, but make sure it's back by the harness line and not in the same position as a vulcan/spock. Second major point you need to have your backhand miles down the boom, try and move it back to where you boom clip is - very similar to forward position. Feels ridiculous to begin with, but makes it a whole lot easier!
    +1 what he said.

I also found sailing practically down wind helped.

Thanks for the tips, my hands were placed similar as in a spock and vulcan, somehow just used to doing the rotation that way. I will try to change the hand position and see where that leads me. Hope to get another session soon

Your head allways aid the rotation, but that it not why your does not get the board to slide.

You got to straight your front and and throw the sail towards the nose, and bend the back arm for take off.
    When you have rotated 100 degrees and got the front of the board in the water straighten your back arm and lean forward.

My front are just in front of the harness line and my back hand is just put a bit back.
    Dont make your hand position to Wierd if you want to to grubby diablo, grubby spock or so, cause then you will get stuck again.

It is going to be easy when you doing the take off right ) and then the e-slider is the same
    And both very easy moves to do double
    Last edited by freestyle4975; 12th May 2015 at 01:50 PM.