Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Had one of those nasty catapults with a well powered 6.2. It seems that before I was able to throw the clew back over my shoulder it threw me forwards. I very seldom fall hard and don't like it much at my grand dad age. The fall was partly caused by a too long boom, a messy waterstate and perhaps also the fact that I always enter gybes with very parallell feet. Works great for conventional strap gybing but a bit more stability is probably helpful in a duck gybe since you have to first throw the rig forwards and then back. Reversing the movement of the rig naturally tends to pull you off balance.
    The infamous wavewriter

on summer b&j days I often throw in a few duckgybes - very satisfying. I like doing it on small wave boards with small sails and seeing how tight I can go - almost a slamdackgybe if you like. Best done not too powered up, sail broad to get speed then do everything at once - bend the legs, lean in and engage the rail hard at the same time as ripping the sail across you, letting go completely for a short time then re-catching by which time you are already on the other tack and with luck you can sheet, switch feet and plane away. Feels great when you get a good one, but not sure what it looks like (probably not anywhere near as good as it feels)

Quote Originally Posted by Billyboy View Post
    Feels great when you get a good one, but not sure what it looks like (probably not anywhere near as good as it feels)
    BB, I'm so conceited I can hear the cheering of the crowd from the beach hundreds of meters away when I pull off a particularily smooth move. Thankfully I don't hear the booing when I crash.

Considering the pain from the last one I'm inclined to follow your advice - broad and moderately powered - rather than that from Gorgesailor.
    The infamous wavewriter

Quote Originally Posted by boards_Tomas View Post
    BB, I'm so conceited I can hear the cheering of the crowd from the beach hundreds of meters away when I pull off a particularily smooth move. Thankfully I don't hear the booing when I crash.

Considering the pain from the last one I'm inclined to follow your advice - broad and moderately powered - rather than that from Gorgesailor.
    Just be careful about going too broad as it's easier to get stuck downwind or eat the clew if your not committed to the turn. Also it seems like the sail likes to fly out of reach if your not careful with the throw on those initiated from a more broad course. .... all IMHO of course.

duck jibe is easy anough and straight forward but cant get my head around the duck tack.! tried how many times and never got close.each time l try l just freeze up just before l duck the sail lt just feels so awcward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIQiMqyrAs

this is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1NFIho23w back wind jibe lol 4:23