Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Goya Slalom Board

New board from Goya - the Bolt. Full carbon construction, concave deck, super fast rocker and only 1399, could be good.

http://goyawindsurfing.com/boards/items/y2016/bolt/

Could be but its not a slalom board....more of a freerace.

Somebody has to buy and ride the first year of a new product from a company known for WAVE sailing boards.

When their current 116 Freeride board has pushed just shy of 39 knots I'd say this is a pretty promising step forward to a competitively fast slalom board

Quote Originally Posted by mikerb View Post
    Could be but its not a slalom board....more of a freerace.
    Not so sure, to me it looks like pretty racy: full carbon construction, aggressive cut outs and terraces ... they only show it with their freerace RAF sails but they do not have a cammed sail in the lineup.

Dimensions are right where race boards are, just slightly less wide and longer than some. I am getting a Patrik 100 but the 95 Goya looks like a good alternative ...
    Last edited by duzzi; 22nd August 2015 at 06:27 PM.

Narrow ofo, low volume tail and long planing flat sounds more like a long distance board to me than a slalom board.

The price is more bearable than other boards. I like the colour scheme as well, some of the current boards look terrible.

The all new Bolt’s rocker has an almost continuos flat section from behind the mast all the way to the back, with the lightest release off the tail for unlimited speed and acceleration

Do they actually mean apart from a slight bit of tail kick its flat all the way until the mast track?

I don't think Ive every had a board like that, none of my current boards are. Flat until 10cm in front of the front straps at most. The flattest board I had was an AHD Freeride 275 and that got a bit tricky sailing over the back of swell/waves.

with barely enough comfort to jibe and go through real life chop

That's not selling it too me! Nice thick pads please.

Shame there isn't a bigger version, I'll probably be looking for a replacement for my Falcon 125l next year and will need something for a 9m.

This shop have taken some photos and there looks like there is some V & concaves towards the back, which I think is good, should give a cushier ride seeing as its full carbon top and bottom.

Looks like it has decent set of footstrap options both inboard and out with the option of very on the rail if you like.

https://chinookleucate.wordpress.com...ne-et-en-test/