Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stev-0 View Post
    so I have a 10'6 Kona waveboard for those conditions

I have made several enquiries about the new version of that exact board, but I've been met with limited reception from those responsible for bringing them into the UK.

There's only so far I'm prepared to go to getting the info I need to commit to something at full RRP, especially when there's boards like the one above readily available from people with their heads screwed on and ready to do a deal or two....
    Last edited by Jimmy Grooverider; 15th April 2016 at 02:37 PM.
    hostis humani generis

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Grooverider View Post
    well here she is...
    very nice... don't reckon you'll be disappointed, and should keep you occupied developing your paddling technique and wave-catching skills without a sail on too for a good while to come

Welcome to the fun club!

You will only ever need to put a 5.3m on it. Just need to get to places with some waves, like GF8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMr3oLp9BYc
    2018 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 03, B&J/Wave 02, SUP/WindSUP 00
    2017 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 12, B&J/Wave 09, SUP/WindSUP 01
    2016 Sessions: Speed/Slalom 20, B&J/Wave 23, SUP/WindSUP 03

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Adam View Post
    You will only ever need to put a 5.3m on it. Just need to get to places with some waves, like GF8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMr3oLp9BYc
    Check out the very mobile footwork, and the 'slogging' position of the front foot in front of the mast foot... perfect example of what we've been banging on about

Thanks for the tips, no different from a standard wide free ride board in slogging conditions- if anything a little easier as there's less temptation to foot off in every puff failing to get planning and losing lots of ground.
    hostis humani generis

The correct answer is, go back to beach get a proper piece of windsurfing kit and then go upwind easily.
    The Windsurfer Formally Known as JKRR - TWFKJKRR or "Him in the Red Shorts"

Well the Phantom Raceboard would certainly have been a better performer out there... no question. But it also comes with a burning desire to actually race it and with only dinghies as competitors around here, plus a whole host of issues to do 'duties' if I decide to enter a couple of club races, it's not really feasible to own one right now. :-(

As it stands, for a lame beach toy, this was quite good fun and a whole load less hassle.... one board, one sail, easy to rig and on the water in 10 minutes. No other windsurfers out... despite it being a Bank Holiday weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13129770_881140235328308_2008467202_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	13865
    hostis humani generis