Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Last edited by phil_in_poole; 9th June 2016 at 09:00 PM.

its surprising the register still uses volume as the size indicator because with cutaway tails, low volume noses and scalloped out decks it really does not tell you much about the boards windrange/sail size. The 75/80 cm width size can also be aimed at a very different intended use depending on the hull shape. The Isonic 110/75 for example is a light wind board and designed as the biggest board for lightweight sailors, not as a medium wind board. I think Taty Frans started using that as his big board but as soon as he beefed up a bit he changed to the 130/85.

I think they put down whatever the manufacturer uses to name their boards and tell them. JP & Tabou go off width, the rest volume.

The Costa Brava event is run from a large camp site, which has a club mistral / ion set up on the beach.
    Pretty sure the local council support it as their advert for tourism. The camp site was fairly basic when we were there, so not well set up for live broadcasts.
    It's also a fairly light wind venue so not always a lot of action to stream.

if you're interested in slalom sailing though, it's a fabulous event.
    You can literally rent a hut right in the competition area, surrounded by the pro sailors who are generally lovely approachable people.
    Fend memories of star struck chats with Antoine Albeue and Karin Jaggi.
    Still got an event poster up on the back of my garage door.

Not many events give you grandstand access like that.