MK Booms business for sale.

Others on here will know more than me on the background of this company but as far as I know they are one of very few genuine UK based hardware manufactures and the only others I can think of are custom board builders and sail lofts. I have never had an MK boom but certainly come across them over the years. Anyway here is spiel:

MK Windsurfing looking for new owner...
    MK is the longest running windsurfing business in the UK - established 1979 (Mike Martin... the 'M' bit of MK filmed Robbie Naish when he was just a 14 year old teenager surfing in Hawaii). It still has a great name for no-nonsense 'tough as old boots' windsurfing gear.
    I've run MK since 1990... so that's 26 years I've been at the helm.
    I'm now a full-time website developer and don't quite have the enthusiasm I need to re-develop the next generation of products for MK.

So...I'm looking for someone a bit like myself 26 years ago:

• Graduate engineer (not essential) with a keen eye for design and passion for windsurfing.
    • Capable at developing business skills and interpersonal skills (often dealing with the public).
    • Understands modern marketing and can use the 'MK' legacy in a creative way.

Note: You don't need to be a brilliantly talented windsurfer... does no harm, but is not necessary.
    I'm happy to offer advice and assistance - particularly to someone with the necessary skills but lacking in business experience.
    The whole business including good will, designs, logos, jigs and fixtures (overseas) and product rights will be sold/handed over as a going concern.
    Thanks for reading this and if it's not for you, please 'spread the word'.... you might buy some cracking new MK kit from the new owner.

Paul Davey.

Wish Paul well in the future, I have nowt but praise for his products, if they will stand up to a fifteen stone buffoon like me swinging from them they must be good, hope a buyer comes along.
    Whatever the tide, whatever the ride.

I've had an MK boom for many, many years and it's still going strong.

It has been a good company to deal with IMO and seemed to have a good business model - offering value-for-money booms.

I'd like to see it continue as before.

Hi Paul
    This a long shot but I am trying to locate Mike Martin's whereabouts.
    I knew him before and during the period when he set up MK windsurfing with Howard Kearley.
    I now live in Western Australia (aged 74 ) I not sure if Mike is still with us as he was/is a bit older than me however if you are able to help that would be great.
    Regards
    Peter

Have you tried asking Howard Kearley – who I know is still around and you can find him on Facebook.
    Now back in the UK.

Hi, yes tried Howard unfortunately he hasn't heard from Mike for 15 years but thanks for you reply.
    I will keep trying, last info was that he was working/involved with Chailey Heritage.
    Thanks again and good luck with the business. Peter