Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Yes, that is a bit odd. Most (including me) would have a gap between front and back fins.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, 490, Nuevo 73 2013 550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here contact via the weather thread!

Having looked at the photo at a second glance I agree! I must have set up the rear fins in the twin position instead of the quad position in my haste to get them in the board. Still not had a chance to sail it in quad setup yet but I'll update when I do.
    Riding: Ultrakode 86 , Kode Freewave 103 , Severne Blades 4.2-5.3 , Severne Gator 6.5

Team Rider for Poole Harbour Watersports , Severne Sails UK and Starboard UK.

Just got this board and interested in any updates on optimum set up.....particularly twin and quad configurations.

I, too, thought that was what you were saying..

"The way a board planes early or not is not just down to rockerline and tail kick and rail shape, but is also down the the reserve of float in litres above body weight in kilos"

This thread crosses over with the one on the UltraKode 80 (which is a board that I have – and which I and others have commented on a lot).

I can't comment on the 86 because I don't have one. But there will be some overlap between the threads.

RonnieS, it's not clear to me what you are referencing there, or if you are asking a question.
    I can however explain that sentence you have just quoted, if wanted.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, 490, Nuevo 73 2013 550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here contact via the weather thread!

Apologies on the late reply JimC, I swapped the 15cm rears and 13cm fronts for the smaller upgrade pack of 14.5cm rears and 11cm fronts after a recommendation from Dany Bruch. Been used it as a quad for a while now, super happy with it. Snappy top turns and tight radius in the bottom turns has meant I can get more hits than I could previously with the thruster set up. Haven't noticed a significant change in straight line speed either so still perfect for jumping. Haven't tried as a twin but I'd imagine it would work pretty well, it seems Koster still uses twins in his boards.
    Riding: Ultrakode 86 , Kode Freewave 103 , Severne Blades 4.2-5.3 , Severne Gator 6.5

Team Rider for Poole Harbour Watersports , Severne Sails UK and Starboard UK.

Hi! In a month I will get a 2018 UK 80lts and because the waiting is so long, I've to ask this, just to keep the anxiety down: The main use of that board will be high wind bump & jump and when travelling, the beginners wave board. The main two sails will be Blades 4.7 and 4.0.
    So, the thing is: The standard thruster's fins combo is okey for the 4.7, I guess. But what about 4.0 weather and bump&jump? There are some benefits using some "flex" K4s? Thrusters? Twins? Quads?
    I'm looking for a stable, settled down ride. Thanks!