Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    nice house with horses, cats dogs, and bride. USA
    Looking forward to those rail photos and more...
    cheers

K4 Fins 4Boards TRI-sails Sailrepair

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hudson View Post
    I went for the ultracore hyrbid, mainly because of the price of the reflex option, and for me I think the reflex would be slightly unnecessary. I see the reflex models as more of a premium elite-team only board.
    and the carbon reflex models would not have the option to go quad or twinfin (trifin only)???

or maybe I misinterpreted the info on the website and there is the option 'pure thruster' independend from build technology..

http://www.star-board-windsurfing.co.../reflex-carbon

edit - think I got it: 'pure thruster' is an option of the reflex carbon construction model only

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160801-211720~2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	14256
    Last edited by chrispavlo; 1st August 2016 at 07:22 PM. Reason: comment

I read that as, if you order the expensive version, you can have it as a five box board or just as a three box board.

If I had loads of money I'd probably order the Stone-designed 77 Kode as a thruster.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, 490, Nuevo 73 2013 550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here contact via the weather thread!

If I had loads of money and I wanted an Stone designed board I would go to Oz, sail with mr Stone/ or discus my level of sailing and needs and pay him to build me a customboard that made me surf better and hide my flaws...but you can indeed buy a production deluxe for probably the same price as a custom and a ticket to Australia.
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

Basher is correct, the ultrakode can be bought as a reflex with 5 boxes or just 3 to save extra weight for people who may only want to use the boards as thrusters, which I suppose is particularly applicable to the smaller sized boards in the range (72,76,80) since jaeger rides them mainly as thrusters, not quads.
    Riding: Ultrakode 86 , Kode Freewave 103 , Severne Blades 4.2-5.3 , Severne Gator 6.5

Team Rider for Poole Harbour Watersports , Severne Sails UK and Starboard UK.

@Jeroensurf , I'm not sure how much Mark Stone charges for a custom board, and that does sound ideal, but for many people a windsurf trip to Oz may be a little inconvenient From what I've been told, the three smaller sizes ride excellently across a range of conditions, but I'm yet to see one in the flesh yet. I was debating buying the 80 instead of the 86, since I usually have an 82, however I decided the extra float will be helpful for the UK's marginal conditions. I think it would be interesting to see how the 80 performs, since it is a merger of the two design groups between Mark Stone and Dany / Philip.
    Riding: Ultrakode 86 , Kode Freewave 103 , Severne Blades 4.2-5.3 , Severne Gator 6.5

Team Rider for Poole Harbour Watersports , Severne Sails UK and Starboard UK.

A friend of me bought last year an Keelquad SSD custom for 1800 euro, incl finns. lovely board!
    That is already cheaper as an "normal" production board and with the announcement of the extra expensive reflex carbon, the Reflex might be as expensive as an real deal SSD custom+a ticket to Kangaroo land.

I really like Starboard, but also really wonder who is gonna buy such reflex board (besides Basher )?
    You can,t demo, you can,t pick one up at your shop after breaking your current board and I doubt mags will test them because they are so rare.
    They lost with that what I think are the biggest advantages of production stuff over a customboard with that while costing a premium price without the options of personalisation/ build to suit your personal needs.
    But maybe that is just me rating a custom higher as an production, so i,m still very suprissed when the production stuff is ( a lot) more expensive as well..
    188x92kg 43y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Flextail 104l + Witchcraft V4 86l HDD

2016/17 Hotsails KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak