Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Looks like you might get a chance to use the new board tonight Alex if you're able?

@Jeroensurf I thought the same as you but Tiesda described it to me as a showcase of what they can do in terms of construction, and hopefully a peek into the future of what may eventually be more common.
    Riding: Ultrakode 86 , Kode Freewave 103 , Severne Blades 4.2-5.3 , Severne Gator 6.5

Team Rider for Poole Harbour Watersports , Severne Sails UK and Starboard UK.

@Taka2015 , yep hopefully! Will add also comparative rail pictures between the '15 Kode and the '17 Ultrakode this evening for those wondering.
    Riding: Ultrakode 86 , Kode Freewave 103 , Severne Blades 4.2-5.3 , Severne Gator 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hudson View Post
    @Taka2015 , yep hopefully! Will add also comparative rail pictures between the '15 Kode and the '17 Ultrakode this evening for those wondering.
    So.......................................... how was it?!

Update: First session on the ultrakode.
    It was 4.7m weather at Branksome, some very small waves. I was nicely powered up on my 4.7 Blade, with the largest sail on the water being 5m and the smallest 4.2m. The first thing I noticed was the familiar attributes of the previous Kode wave - it planed very quickly and felt fast and lively. I set the board up as a thruster as per my original photos, with the fins set to the recommended position. The ultrakode felt familiar underfoot, but also slightly different in the sense that it felt more directional and less "skatey" than the Kode wave. The lower nose made the ultrakode feel rapid but also very controllable. It feels more directional in the sense that you pick the wave or ramp you want to head towards, and it powers you towards it, turning sail power into more speed. Since there were only a few anklebiters, I can't really report on wave riding performance, but I did notice that the board held its course and accelerated remarkably through the gybe. Overall, I absolutely loved the speed of the board and the feel underfoot. I managed a few small jumps, more like chophops off of the small windswell. The lightness of the board allowed me to tuck the board up very easily, and it felt very comfortable in the air. I can't wait to test it out with bigger ramps to see how it responds. People who have used the kode wave, especially the 2013-2016 shape will notice the familiar "kode" feel which many love.
    I've attached some photos of the rails as requested, but it is very tricky to tell the difference from the photos. The rails seem very similar in shape except that they are noticeably thicker on the ultrakode, especially around the foot pads. I will add more details to the thread as I get more sessions on the board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0077.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	14292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0080.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	14293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0084.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	14294

Thanx for the updates!
    Really eager to read in the future how its gonna differ itself as a tri compared to the last years twin in the waves.
    188x90kg 42y old, Supper/Windsurfer.

Witchcraft Fextail 96l + Witchcraft V4 HDD + 2015 Goya Quad 118

2014/15/16 Hotsails Firelight 6.0 KS3: 5.5+5.2+4.9+4.6+4.0+Firelight3.4 Ultra + Kauli + CAAS masts, AL360+ TL cont@ct booms lots of fins.

SUP Starboard 2015 Airborne 8.8x31.5x123l / Pro8.5x29x112l / Race14x25 / 2012 AST Coastrunner 14x28 / Gong9.4x29x135 Freak

UPDATE: Second session on the Ultrakode! Went to Avon for "windy Saturday" , I was nicely powered on my 4.2 so it was perfect conditions to test the top end of the board. Immeditely I appreciated the more directional feel of the tri-fin configuration with the stronger wind. All the time the board felt controlled and settled in the water. I was expecting the 86 to feel too big and "overboarded" but I didn't notice the larger volume at all, making the 86 a perfect one board quiver. In the bottom turn, the board maintained speed well and didn't get thrown off course by the chop. It felt like it had more drive in the bottom turn than my 82 Kode from 2015,which feels much more skatey. In the top turn, Kode lovers will be pleased to know that the Ultrakode hasn't lost the throw-around feel. It's still easy to throw the fins out or carve a tight cut back. Overall, I was very impressed with how the Ultrakode handled today. I've added some photos to my drive account if anyone is interested in seeing the board in action: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...zlnOG9KMlpBVDg