Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Shame it can't be paid by paypal without defaulting to recurring payments. This aggressive subcription policy stoped me signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by basher View Post
    If Windsurf mag is for experts or waveheads who chase waves and who want to hear about waveboards and PWA events, then I guess it makes sense for a new mag to pitch themselves more towards those still learning and those who would typically be seen at Hayling or Weymouth blasting about on 120 litre freeride boards.
    Yes, but windsurfing can be about fantasy and yearning for sun and warmer climes, so in general I'd prefer to read about and see pics of Maui mid-winter than 'real world' articles on the best cafe's on Hayling Island and where to sail in the fog.

All I ask for is that these publications are written by literate adults (like yachting mags)... the reason I stopped buying windsurf mags years ago.
    Last edited by Duck Feet; 13th October 2016 at 02:23 PM.
    I'm at that difficult age - somewhere between birth and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Feet View Post
    Yes, but windsurfing can be about fantasy and yearning for sun and warmer climes, so in general I'd prefer to read about and see pics of Maui mid-winter than 'real world' articles on the best cafe's on Hayling Island and where to sail in the fog.

All I ask for is that these publications are written by literate adults (like yachting mags)... the reason I stopped buying windsurf mags years ago.
    Yeah - there has to be a balance. if it's all maui maui maui then you start to lose interest but at the same time, i have limited interest in uk flat water racing / freeride.

I'm looking forward to the local angle - a bit of an insight into what may be expected if I look further afield.

I wonder about the recurrent payments, but have given it the benefit of the doubt - supporting a new endeavour in windsurfing :-)
    My Flickr Windsurf collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsideth...7622592103903/
    Hayling Windsurf & Kitesurf Photographers: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1993863@N23/

Great news. I can't wait to see it. Personally I still buy windsurf mag most of the time, but really only for the P Hart articles.
    '16: 16
    '17: 9

I have just subscribed (its a business expense).

Back in the day there used to be a small A5 sized magazine aimed at real people in real places. I can't remember its name, it was free.

I don't like magazines being dominated by individuals which in this shrinking market is what tends to happen.

Having now both printed copy and online version, I will definitely continue to support it, but have to say will go with the online version... Print quality is acceptable, but nowhere near the other mags, letter size negates the need of reading glasses , so the printed version at 7.50 is not cheap.... Hopefully it will grow as times goes ahead...