Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I don't think there is any chance of an E'ly working at porthmeor due to high cliffs at the east of the beach blocking the wind - its hard to know for sure without going though. It does work in a W'ly...

If its ESE or SE then mazza is fun. Either x-on jumping in the middle of the bay or more sideshore launching from st michaels mount end. For the latter you need a bif SW swell and low tide - I've had great fun sessions there in those conditions. The middle of the bay will get E windswell, so more reliable for waves...

Praa also works in ESE or SE and gets more swell than mazza.

I've also sailed Harlyn in an ENEly - it was surprisingly good. Picked up some windswell when all the W facing beaches were flat. I'm guessing ESE with decent W swell could be very good so long as you like your waves powerful and hollow!

N-ENE will work from godrevy down to the bluff. I'm guessing a rare E or ENE with big enough NW swell could give you epic *board tack dtl at the bluff, but I've never seen it - I've sailed it several times when its x-on from the right though...

For a scenic sail in an E'ly I've always fancied st ives harbour with someone on the harbour taking snaps - It won;t be wavesailing though.

I've been toying with the idea of heading down this weekend - not 'cos its going to be especially great, more that I am free and I don;t think anywhere else will be better....
    Going to interviews, hence wind is back. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. £80

PM me for more details/pics.

Good intel BB. Can you remember on what day you sailed Harlyn? For Windguru archive cross-checking purposes.
    MSW says it will be small/flat http://magicseaweed.com/Harlyn-Surf-Report/946
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

Pendower on the south coast may be another devil's tack option if there is sufficient E'ly windswell to produce a wave.
    http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47882
    For sale:
    HSM Superfreak 4.2 £FREE

great stuff lads - but i sailed port tack the other week at hayling in those pesky easterlies, i was hopeless.

i think it sounds like its worth taking the kit anyway just on the off chance of some action..

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzabee View Post
    Good intel BB. Can you remember on what day you sailed Harlyn? For Windguru archive cross-checking purposes.
    MSW says it will be small/flat http://magicseaweed.com/Harlyn-Surf-Report/946
    ha, ha - it was pre-windguru!!! Best guess, sometime early '90s. I was on a Simmer Style semi-soft 4.5m and a lodey 260 wave with a banana rocker so must have been windy!
    Going to interviews, hence wind is back. In case you were wondering...

FOR SALE:
    2008 Demon (5 Oceans) Custom 4.6m 5 Batten. Well used, but in good working order with no rips or tears. £80

PM me for more details/pics.

You taking your SUP BB?
    I had planned to go for the whole week, so a bit gutted for windsurfing prospects with the current forecast. I have sailed Praa in SE? Which was fun but not the port tack, cross off Gwithian they have enjoyed recently...
    Windsup or SuP may be quite good as I like it small, so it may be a chance to improve that game?