Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 8 to 14 of 48
  1. #8
    seems to have been a proper dip on Chimet. only reading F4 now. it doesnt usually underread just because it has gone slightly north of westerly. I'm hoping it comes back for this afternoon.

    Thursday still looking solid, but more SW than the earlier forecasts. Afternoon looks great.

    Friday seems to be improving too.

    Saturday have a rest

    Sunday is now showing BIG windswell and lots of wind. The afternoon wind direction looks better, but that high tide is an issue!!!
    "Surf it, Smell it, Enjoy it..."

  2. #9
    The wind did do what the updated forecast suggested, for here in Hove – and it dropped but is now building again.

    There is probably more wind on the sea than is logging on beach sites, because it's quite westerly. But there is not yet as much as hoped for.

    One current forecast I'm reading hopefully, has a wind increase for late afternoon, meaning we might get an hour before dark.

    In other parts of the country there is wind. I've seen pictures of people sailing at Rhosneigr, for example. And it's blowing 30mph+ out in the Channel.


    The forecast updates still show strong wind for tomorrow.

    The weekend forecast remains tempting, but it's a small new low that forms, and the worry is about where that low will centre – as that effects the detail of the wind strength and wind direction we get.
    We may also see heavy rain...

    As ever, the short daylight hours at this time of year don't help us grab a session at the key moments for wind and tide.
    Last edited by basher; 16th November 2016 at 12:50 PM.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

  3. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    22
    Just had a fun lunchbreak play in the western Solent, wind against strong tide. Going on 5.3 and 100l FS board. Am going back to the start with forward looping with the wyomee thing sub planing. Quickest progress on my worst tack as fewer bad habits to unlearn. Looked like wind (or "tide wind") might have increased as I departed. Looking forward to tomorrow with an extended lunchbreak.

  4. #11
    Senior Member TwoFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    towards the right
    Posts
    3,127
    Well the wind never came at West Witts.

    Anyone else think K-Bay might be a good call for tomorrow?
    Eeeh 'tis grim dahn Sarf.

  5. #12
    We got an hour or so at hove. Not great but gmac and I were both planing on 5.0 m rigs. Warm and mostly sunny.

    Not much of a swell.


    The hope is that tomorrow will be better, and again with the stronger wind in the afternoon. High water here is just before 1pm, but once it starts to go out, it disappears fast.
    So the plan for Thursday is to launch again here after 2pm, shorebreak permitting, or somewhere else a bit earlier.


    Sunset is at 4.15pm but with reasonable light until 4.30pm.
    Last edited by basher; 16th November 2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

  6. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterfd View Post
    Just had a fun lunchbreak play in the western Solent, wind against strong tide. Going on 5.3 and 100l FS board. Am going back to the start with forward looping with the wyomee thing sub planing. Quickest progress on my worst tack as fewer bad habits to unlearn. Looked like wind (or "tide wind") might have increased as I departed. Looking forward to tomorrow with an extended lunchbreak.
    5.3!

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    Well the wind never came at West Witts.

    Anyone else think K-Bay might be a good call for tomorrow?
    I was on an 8.5m in Poole 12-2pm. It picked up as I finished but not much.

  7. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFish View Post
    Anyone else think K-Bay might be a good call for tomorrow?
    The forecast is currently 30 knots gusting 40 so too much for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •