Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Wasn't worth it in my opinion. Very gusty and cold, dropping off, not worth the drive for me

We'll be into a new weather thread tomorrow – but it's worth noting now that the weather forecast has changed a bit to start the week.

Firstly there is wind to go with Monday's rain – with maybe a port tack session on offer for the south coast, especially in the Southeast.

That rain comes out of yet another satellite low, tracking in from the southwest like Saturday's one did, but with less strong winds.
    That same low should however hang around for Tuesday, now meaning a SSW or SW sailable wind for Tuesday – and warmer temperatures. Oooh.

This is worth noting, because after that the Jet Stream heads north and that new position probably sets up a big high pressure, sitting across the UK for the end of the week. That high in turn sets up a period of cold NE winds for the Southeast.

In the meantime, spare a thought for Scotland where temperatures tonight are predicted to drop to maybe -10 degrees.
    Last edited by basher; 20th November 2016 at 10:34 PM.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, £490, Nuevo 73 2013 £550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here – contact via the weather thread!

how is pagham these days? did they get rid of the river of doom yet?
    "Surf it, Smell it, Enjoy it..."

Its forcast to be windy here all day, 20 knots SE, but look whats coming, maybe in an hour. Thats going to miserable rain in the eyes cant see where you are going.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161121 Rain.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	14678

12noon.
    I've been out already and I can tell you it's hard work here – perhaps worse than yesterday in that it's port tack, there's still a swell but it's very messy. I was constantly steering around white water and big brown lumps on the way out, and there wasn't much reward on the way in.

I was stacked on a 5m rig, 80 litre board, but we have a bigger squall coming through right now. I see Worthing just logged 37mph.

On winter days like these I wish we had somewhere with flat water.

I'm off to find dry socks.
    Last edited by basher; 21st November 2016 at 12:04 PM.
    I have some kit for sale, to make space. Nuevo 86 2014, £490, Nuevo 73 2013 £550, Severne Blade 2015 5.0 and 3.7. All VGC or little used. Don't use private message system as I don't get messages via here – contact via the weather thread!

"12noon.
    I've been out already and I can tell you it's hard work here – perhaps worse than yesterday in that it's port tack, there's still a swell but it's very messy. I was constantly steering around white water and big brown lumps on the way out, and there wasn't much reward on the way in."

Sounds like Poo?