Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It's one of life's great mysteries, round our way.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

I guess if you live in the Southeast and have easy access to a beach that works in NE wind then it's worth mentioning that more wind is on the way.

The NE wind picks up later today and then blows really hard tomorrow – and then Friday is still pretty windy before the breeze is expected to ease down for the weekend.

The air temperatures won't reach yesterday's peak but should still be above the ten degree threshold – if you ignore the windchill effect.

In the longer term, it's good to see windguru has a return to WSW wind for the beginning of December – but of course that's too far ahead for any certainty at this stage.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

Basher any ideas where the nearest / best beach to Hayling would be for tomorrow given that it is going to be NE?

I am based in Kingston, SW London / Surrey so Hayling is my normal beach but keen to go tomorrow so can travel further afield but scratching my head at the moment.

PS Keep up the good work with the weather updates they are very helpful!

Pagham is the usual beach for NE wind (nearish to Hayling).

Normally Pagham is a high tide spot, but it can also be sailed further out at low water (and we are on neap tides tomorrow).

The harbour entrance has a current which is either helpful or not, and I don't know how the shingle banks are sitting at the moment. In the old days, the harbour would empty with an east-flowing current – which was therefore helpful in NE wind as long as the tide was falling.

Low water is at about 13.30pm tomorrow – which might mean Pagham is better in the morning than in the afternoon.

From Kingston you can nip around the M25 to the North Kent coast. Minster or Whitstable are my normal destinations when lots of North in it.

Langstone harbour is ok for a blast in a NE. Launch from the opposite side to the Esso garage/poo bay spot. Tides arent great though. Shoreham is also sailable, especially if its kind of an ENE rather than a full NE.

As its low tide in the middle of the day, I wonder if you could sail Hayling anyway, just out on the sand bar. May have to walk out and treat the sand bar like an onshore beach.
    "Surf it, Smell it, Enjoy it..."

Thanks all - some food for thought and will look at those as options, anyone sailed at Calshot?