Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Thanks all - some food for thought and will look at those as options, anyone sailed at Calshot?
    Calshot is ok. The wind comes down the Hamble. You are sailing into the shipping lane.

There's also the Southsea side of Langstone harbour entrance, by Hayling ferry.

That works for NE wind if you want flat water/choppy sailing. But the falling tide sluices out through the gap, and so it's better at high water than at low.

For high to mid tide, there a bit of flat water with no current, in 'lock lake'.
    Last edited by basher; 23rd November 2016 at 02:16 PM.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

I think I will be giving Studland Bay a go tomorrow, NE, low tide 1.3m @ 12:30.

I'm thinking of sailing tomorrow at HISC. It looks on google maps that it could work to give a decent freestyle strip. Has anyone sailed there, is parking etc possible?

Or I could launch from West Wittering...
    Last edited by tim319; 23rd November 2016 at 11:02 PM.

10.30am.

It's certainly windy out there, and with sunshine. 10 or 11 degrees isn't too bad as an air temperature in late November but watch out for the windchill.

I was hoping to sail today but my van failed its MOT yesterday and I haven't got it back yet.

Plus the NE wind forecast is doing what it often does to the west of Beachy Head – namely blowing more NNE which is well offshore.

The forecast has the wind staying in the current direction , so our hope of an ENE wind which would work for Shoreham seems optimistic.

Hopefully the wind is working for classic NE locations like Pagham and Pevensey.

The north Kent coast is your best bet if you can get there.
    Main boards: Flare 101, NuEvo 86, UltraKode 80, Reactor 82, NuEvo 73. Powered by Severne Blades and S1s.

Quote Originally Posted by tim319 View Post
    I'm thinking of sailing tomorrow at HISC. It looks on google maps that it could work to give a decent freestyle strip. Has anyone sailed there, is parking etc possible?

Or I could launch from West Wittering...
    Both HISC and 2XS have decent facilities and Chichester Harbour is cleaner than Langstone, but launching fees apply at both. Good flat water conditions aregenerally had, but a minor chop will come up when the wind has East in it as there's enough fetch.
    My Flickr Windsurf collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bsideth...7622592103903/
    Hayling Windsurf & Kitesurf Photographers: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1993863@N23/

5.30pm.
    It would be great to hear what places did work today – not least because we have more of the same on Friday.

The wind will be a bit lighter on Friday but should also have a bit more E in the NE direction. It stayed NNE on my beach all day on Thursday – and really needs to go more ENE to work well at Shoreham.
    ENE is also better for Pevensey, although NE can be OK there.

(I got my van back this evening, so in theory I could drive somewhere for a Friday session.)

It looks like what wind there is starts to ease back on Friday afternoon, and will be much lighter on Saturday.