Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    On my last session it snowed everyday for the last 3 days. That morning I got my wettie off the line and it was frozen! Got to the beach and the water around the drinking fountain was frozen, it was still frozen at 2.00pm when I got back in.

After about 40 minutes your fingers start to feel cold like steel. You go back in and then the blood comes back into your fingers and it feels like someone put each of them on a charcoal BBQ, you walk up and down the beach going fu fu fudge and people look at you like 'what's wrong with him ?'

Air temperature was 1-3 deg and the snow let you know that the wind was onshore. (lowest temp in Hokaido last week was minus 30 something!) Earlier on this week it blew over 30kts and one guy clocked a 52.2 kph before his fingers fell off!

Falling in is now painful and I am looking forward to some springy weather soon.
    Cool �� madness

Nice ot read your posts, thank you! With a drysuit and some short tubes in your gloves to blow some hot air in, your winter surf would be much more pleasant.

Astroboy is frozen solid, lol

Yeah, that's right.. really, what... are we on, yes, what now... back up,
    Hello, sorry, right yes we are back on. We are back! Sunshine decided to return, sweet breezes are back. Catching up with friends and commenting on the new and old hairstyles, lol.

Wow it's good to get the equipment back on the roof rack and out to the beach. Such a beautiful view, always someone interesting around. Just the minor problem that someone somehow had turned the water tap off so no one could wash their stuff - should be back on next time I guess.

So there was a light to medium wind and I felt sooooo refreshed and a bit stiff and rusty, but right of a nice beach start, powered up, perfect speed tacks and super smooth gybes - although not enough wind to power round, and I only wiped out a couple of times - such a great session - out on the water with some mates, blasting and laughing and soaking up the sunshine, so glad I took up this sport.

Hope that you are getting out of the winter blues and back into your wetsuits too!

40 48'N 14 26'E -Western Med - West South Atlantic
    So how’s the harness hooked and in the footstraps business going?

Hey
    I had a good time practicing nice tacks and slow but tight jibes, I need to work on letting the sail come forward more smoothly as I ark round, sometimes I let the sail go now rather than coming off the board.

Been really tired too - hayfeever and whatnot. In the harness and popping in and out is second nature now, I got my front foot in the straps but the wind was a little light and gusty and I was a touch underpowered, just need the right wind, the right sail (out of my 2 options lol) and I think I can have a shot at the locked in blasting postion.

The dude with the drone keeps showing up when I am packing up so we keep missing each other. Hopefully get some better shots as the weather warms up. Thanks so much for keeping in touch it's very motivating.